Sign in to follow this  
moss1

I need advice for FPS in 10.50 please

Hi everyone,

I applied the 10.50 B4 to my extra copy of X-plane. I notice immediately the performance is not anywhere as good as in 10.45.

I've been busy as of lately with real world stuff so haven't been able to keep up as much. I want to move forward as I've always have once this is solid, but I am hesitant now due to the FPS hit.

I get almost 20 frames or more less with this version and unacceptable stuttering. 

I'm on an i7 @4.4ghz 16 gigs @ddr2300 ram. Nvidia TitanX 12 gig card and Windows7. Also use a high end 27" ASUS GSync Gaming monitor.

I am very pleased with my performance in 10.45. I average about 40 to 60FPS in most cases depending on scenery and aircraft used and sometimes higher. 

Anything I am missing something here that could be such an impact? Thanks so much in advance. 

Best, Jeff

Jeff, 

I may very well be a plug-in, try removing all third party plug-ins and start from there, there are some known incompatibilities with some of them.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

please note 10.50 set "world detail distance" to VERY HIGH by default, if you used to have this setting that way it shouldn't be the root cause. But if you used to have this setting to MEDIUM as me, this new setting will kill a lot of FPS because your VRAM & GPU will suffer a lot more, so revert it back to medium or whatever your setting was to compare apples to apples.

hope this helps

Manuel Merelles

Also, in some cases beta releases can have extra code for debugging that could cause a decrease in performance (I remember an old post of Ben Supnik about that).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I do not see any decrease in fps with 10.50b4.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I can also confirm the stutters in 10.50b4 when zooming in/out and pan my view points around using "shift"+",","." or arrow keys, after I changed my view in free mode.

I tried "deleting" (not disabling) all 3rd party plugins and loading default C172, but the stutters remained.

I used to have "world detail distance" to very high in 10.45@1920*1080 resolution with 4xHDR, and my fps remained around 30-40 with little stutters. But now I have reduced my "world detail distance" to MEDIUM and HDR to 2x but the stutters become worse.

I have submitted a bug report with log.txt and will wait for the new beta.

My PC spec: i5-4430, 16GB RAM, GTX 970 with 4G VRAM.

---------

But as an old Chinese saying goes, "Bad luck always comes with some hidden good luck"("祸兮福之所伏" - Chinese learning time:-P). The stutters stop me from flying temporarily - then I can spare those time in finishing my airport scenery project again.

Thanks for the advice guys. :-)

My world distance was reset to very high, from just high. That made a difference, however things are not as smooth... just yet (stutters here and there etc...)

I am confident that this will clear up as the final release candidate approaches. Until then I'll enjoy 10.45. When the next beta is out, I'll do as I usually do and try it.  Have never been let down by the progress in the end. I usually do not participate in betas, but due to the scope of 10.50, I couldn't help myself. Thanks again all for your input.

Best, Jeff

You should dig a little deeper. 10.50b is very fast, and should be performing better than 10.45. Especially the LOD setting may be set higher due to the optimized autogen.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB