Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Longest flight?

I'm starting to really enjoy the 350i, even with all the common Carenado quirks. I'm stretching out the legs on this beast as we speak with a 1100NM flight to Belize. What's the longest flight you've done so far?

Hi!

Currently flying from TNCM to KHGR (1500nm)!

I have been flying at FL280 and about to start my descent.

Regards,

Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I find it interesting that this bird has some really good range, but no lavatory. I wonder how RW pax handle not being able to relieve themselves during long flights.

I don't think they use it to its maximum range.. just like a PA24 that has a range of 1000nm but flies at around 150kts, a 1000nm flight takes about 7 hours or more so most of the people would land, take a break and continue.

Regards,

Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It may not be in their model, but the real world KA350i does have a potty just across from the pax door. There is a curtain that may be pulled across for "privacy"

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Correction Bil... "may"... one has to order it.  I've been in a couple where there was not a potty...  cuz the purchaser didn't have use for one onboard.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

For 2015+ the 350i was suppose to come with a standard interior which include the upgraded lav.

12ka350iint5.jpg

This one has a pocket door as opposed to the standard curtain. 

I don't have the latest options sheet for 2016 so I cannot say for sure if this can be deleted from the order sheet.

Some of the older lavs were removed by the operator. Beech went to a dry chemical toilet for a time and no one really cared for the spread chemical in a bag, do your duty, then put more chemical. Not to mention emptying it!

As crew I preferred the old smurf juice electric toilets.  

Ken, 

I'm pretty certain there are military versions with no toilet onboard... :smile:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I know not want to speak of... All the ones I flew had the toilets installed. :wink: :wink:

As long as not the same as trains...flush straight out to the air...yuk...take an umbrella...

Dave