Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

SMP 3.2.1 is out...log in, and download...

I got it and uninstalled it. Exploring other options. :smile:

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

It fixed my problem in 10.50b4 so I'm happy to have it back again (along with increased FPS)

• Upvote 1

It fixed my problem in 10.50b4 so I'm happy to have it back again (along with increased FPS)

Works well for me too. Very happy with it and with 10.50b4.

I take this Update is mainly for the release X-Plane 10.50B ?

Theres no benefit from if you have 10.45 ? 

Changelog?

• Prevents crashes from RWC when unexpected tornadic activity remarks are encountered in METAR data
  • Cleans up cloud shadows outside the edge of the cloud draw area
  • More aggressively avoids stratus / cumulus cloud layer intersections with RWC
  • Make sure cirrus, stratus, and cirrocumulus clouds in RWC don't change altitude as the local ground level changes.
  • Fixes UI bug in RWC configuration dialog
  • Subtle improvements to cloud lighting

Tried 3.2.1 but had to go back to 3.2...

I'm using a lua script which enables the default clouds together with SMP (that way you get far distant clouds, even at high altitudes) but it seems the 3.2.1 is blocking the relevant dataref changes. That's a pity because IMO the combination of SMP + default clouds offers best weather rendering currently available for XP10.

I'm using a lua script

Can you share more info on this, I would like to try it out, I like default clouds and with my 970 (soon 1070) I can crank puffs up to 100% with no performance degradation.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Carlos, unfortunately the script has been removed from the .org where it was originally uploaded, however I can send it to you by PM if you want.

The script basically changes  "sim/operation/override/override_clouds" to 0, as well as some other datarefs. This makes the default clouds appear along with the SMP ones. The advantage is that you get far distant clouds as well as more dense overall coverage (with practically no performance impact on my machine). The downside is that the default clouds are not controlled by RWC, which means that they get rebuilt in a weather change (the SMP clouds are not influenced by this though, so weather changes are still less jarring than with just default clouds). Here's some screenshots:

fMCwmWnl.jpg 

zvgn7v1l.jpg

I can send it to you by PM if you want.

Please do and thank you.

wow pics look fantastic Steve.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Just wondering .. can previous updates version (v3.1.2 , v3.2 ) be deleted from the hard drive after installing v3.2.1?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Please Don Quixote can you shared the lua with me too,i have SMP but don´t like to much becouse I can´t see cloud too far away.

Please Don Quixote can you shared the lua with me too,i have SMP but don´t like to much becouse I can´t see cloud too far away.

You can download it just from the org -;)

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/33443-lua-default-cloud-enhancer/

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/104976-lua-script-default-cloud-enabler-with-smp-has-been-removed/#comment-1038147

André