Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

SMP 3.2.1 is out...log in, and download...

Just wondering .. can previous updates version (v3.1.2 , v3.2 ) be deleted from the hard drive after installing v3.2.1?

You just run the installer and if you have a previous version installed it will uninstall that first and then continue installing the new update. :)

Always keep a copy of the latest installer (SkyMaxx_Pro_3.2.1.zip) somewhere safe in case you need to re-install.

Kris,

Thanks for the answer.

Will do.

Have a good weekend.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Here's a fix for the SMP cumulus clouds on the horizon (further away) which are rendered with a blueish tint which looks awful on most skies especially at dusk / dawn.

Edit SilverLining.config, find the section Cloud Settings ...

# Increase to force cumulus clouds to take on more of the fog color.

billboard-fog-color-boost = 1.0

Set it to 0.0

Try it, it's been a game changer for me...

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Tried 3.2.1 but had to go back to 3.2...

I'm using a lua script which enables the default clouds together with SMP (that way you get far distant clouds, even at high altitudes) but it seems the 3.2.1 is blocking the relevant dataref changes. That's a pity because IMO the combination of SMP + default clouds offers best weather rendering currently available for XP10.

You made the following comment on the org: "Agreed! I have no idea why they would go out of their way (removing the script from the .org, and blocking it with 3.2.1) to remove a user-made enhancement. I could understand if it somehow modified SMP files, but it just changes datarefs and is fully reversible. A sad and narrow-minded reaction from X-Aviation."

Please don't go around spreading misinformation. We had absolutely nothing to do with the removal of this script from the org, I have no idea who authored it, let alone why it was ever removed. I'm going to assume it was an author decision or perhaps even someone at the org's decision. I literally don't know.

• Upvote 6

Founder of X-Aviation

Please don't go around spreading misinformation. We had absolutely nothing to do with the removal of this script from the org, I have no idea who authored it, let alone why it was ever removed. I'm going to assume it was an author decision or perhaps even someone at the org's decision. I literally don't know.

Cameron, my remark was primarily aimed at the apparent blocking of default clouds introduced in 3.2.1, which coincided with the removal of said script from the .org. If that indeed was no deliberate action on your part, I apologise.

However, allow me to quote one of your posts (on the X-Aviation forums) in response to another customer's question:

"[...], unfortunately I disagree and think it's your mindset which is narrow. In reality we know very well the road map ahead, including features unannounced.

This debate ends here. Further attempts to go at this will result in deleted posts and dismissal from this thread."

I understand that you are protective of your products, and of course have every right to do so. But things like the quote above sound fairly harsh and could be interpreted as discouraing open discussion.

Flight sim is a bit like Lego - built from many individual components. Now, you can follow the manual and put them together as described there, and there are people who glue the pieces together as soon as this is finished. But half the fun comes from the ability to remove and add pieces to create something new - just like we try to improve things to suit our tastes by tinkering with the bits and pieces of a flight simulator. That's why we can get upset if someone tells us that we must not change anything about it.

Anyway, I hold no grudge against you or anyone else. The combination of SMP, RWC and default clouds was amazing while it worked and convinced me that the former two were excellent products in their own right. But alas, my hardware can't handle them at anything but low settings, so I'll just go back to default clouds, which can be pretty good too, with some tweaking here and there. :smile:

• Upvote 4

which coincided with the removal of said script from the .org.

This is simply untrue. The script was removed from the org weeks prior to 3.2.1 being released. Again, we had zero to do with this.

But things like the quote above sound fairly harsh and could be interpreted as discouraing open discussion.

I am a very straightforward, no beat around the bush person. You can dislike it to your hearts content, but the answer will be one of direct truth. The topic had been dead horse beat long enough, so in truth my rather blunt post was meant to discourage further open discussion. Simply put, this isn't going to change. It makes no difference how much people want to debate it. It is a waste of everyone's time at that point.

• Upvote 2

Founder of X-Aviation

Just for clarification, 3.2.1 did remove the ability to use both the lua script and SkyMaxx Pro together? Also I wonder what is in the aforementioned roadmap to cater for those who see this as a good combination if such functionality has in fact been removed? I have not read the X-Aviation fora because other than difficulties getting resets for downloads I've never had problems with X-Aviation, they are my provider of choice for XP products, offering what are simply the best products out there.