Sign in to follow this  
cmtemariohenrique

WX Advantage Weather Radar! P3DV3

SimMarket is distributing an update or something; installs without asking for the serial, doesn't install the gauge dll and is 22,199kb.  The download from REX asks for my name, e-mail and serial, installs the gauge dll and is 22,405kb.  The e-mail addy registered, as shown in an e-mail response, is not one I regularily use, but is associated to my Microsoft account; I use a different e-mail addy for 99% of everything.  With that most recent version of that gauge in the gauges folder P3D starts then disappears but is shown running in the task manager. 

When I remove that gauge dll from the gauge folder then P3D again starts normally; I can thus again see P3D. 

You should really post this in the REX support forums for the product.  However, you should ABSOLUTELY NOT be posting a link to the software on a forum.  

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Link has been removed.

PLEASE do not post links to software in support forums which may be proprietary.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I posted the identical thing in the Rex forums days ago.  Sorry; thought it might help.  Live and learn...

Solved.

Ensure you have Update 2 installed then check the gauges folder; if MV_WX.dll is not there, or if it's there but has an earlier date than June 21, then go to C:\WX Advantage Radar, right-click radarinstaller.exe file and select "run as administrator".

Then,

Uninstall the gauge from every aircraft, then re-install into whatever aircraft desired, with the gauge management tool.

Wardster thank you very much for the feedback, it works :wink:

Best regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

New update out now  :)  Looks like a better installer.