Sign in to follow this  
TurboTomato

Germany and Austria

Ok so further to the thread about French free photoscenery, it has got me re-invigorated about the subject!

Rather than just googling it, which can sometimes be a bit unhelpful, I thought I'd ask here instead. So what have we got for Germany and Austria? Paid and freeware? Last time I looked it was just:

Aerosoft Germany VFR (ancient and from what I hear, not very good)

Austria HD Pro (but only West, East never seem to have appeared)

MSE Germany?

If I remember correctly didn't some of the Italian photoscenery cover Austria?

I own MSE Germany (North, Central, South), Switzerland, and Italy.  The MSE Italy description shows going into the Alps - http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=937&category_id=175

I was going to get Aerosoft's Austria but hoping there will be one product for the whole country.  I heard getting photoscenery data from Europe is very difficult.  Not sure why they do not release it.  Tech is changing and maybe there will be a way to get better data to make photoscenery. 

I very rarely use any of this scenery but I was stationed in Italy and Germany and traveled frequently via the Brenner Pass and through Austria.  A stunning drive from Italy to Germany!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Looks like my timing was good re Austria - I was wrong about there being HD West but no East, it was in fact the other way round. And HD West is about to be launched on the 8th August 2016.

I've also been waiting for Austria Pro HD West, but had given up hope.

Where is the release date information, please?

I have both the MSE Swiss and Germany photo-scenery and I am not too happy with it because of its poor quality and big color differences. As Jim said this can be due to the difficulties to obtain decent data for Europe, but why spend money on something that you later hate to look at or fly over. For MSE Germany for example I would avoid to fly over large parts of southern Bavaria, anything west of Hamburg towards the Dutch border (way to greenish) and a large area south-east of Berlin (too yellowish and greenish). Looking down from your plane just makes you upset that you bought it. If one can live with these color anomalies, most of the rest seems to be ok though. 

Swiss Professional is pretty good and comes with full autogen and Austria Professional delayed the launch of the western region to the end of August, because they were finally able to get data covering the German Berchtesgaden region, which will be incorporated. This makes flying into Salzburg etc. much more realistic.

For Germany I (patiently) wait for the imminent release of the ORBX full fat region. It will come in two parts, the first one will cover Northern Germany. The beauty is that contrary to photo-scenery, they come with full autogen and four seasons. And if they incorporate the superb night lighting they have included in their OLC NA pack, that should be another big plus over pure photo-scenery.

Just my 2 cents,

Bernd

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hold your horses  :wink:  :wink:  I have just read, because I was waiting too, that they had been caught off guard a bit by the announcement that three developers will issue their individual version of an Innsbruck airport.  Apparently they were not aware of it. So now they try to make sure that all three versions will fit with their scenery, hence a few more days of delay. I only hope that no one else is announcing his version of another airport in that part of Austria

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I've got bored of waiting and don't want to fork out 100€+ so I'm creating my own Austrian photo scenery using FSEarthTiles :)

Still holding my horses as it seems Austria Professional West has been delayed yet again!

Does anyone have any information, please?

Still holding my horses as it seems Austria Professional West has been delayed yet again!

Does anyone have any information, please?

I am as much at a loss as you are. I have tried to contact them, but no reply. Very strange indeed, considering they have a finished product at their hands but don't want to release it

Thanks, bernd1151.

Perhaps the answer is what you said earlier:

"I only hope that no one else is announcing his version of another airport in that part of Austria."

Many a true word is spoken in jest! :smile: