Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

phpVMS vs VAM vs Something else?

Guys,

Looking to start up my own VA to experiment a little and noticed there seems to be two heavy hitters in this space: phpVMS and VAM. phpVMS seems to be more mature due to the length it's been around, but VAM seems simplistic and more community focused. I understand the economics behind people developing paid modules for phpVMS, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth given the community efforts involved.

Is there anything else out there similar to the two I mentioned worth looking into?

There's always VAFS if you don't like having control or possession of your data.

cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I've used all three mentioned and VAM would be my suggestion, but not what I use. VAM is the more modern and clean looking system and seems to be more complete and the programmer is more attentive to his clients. phpVMS will require you to know some php and html if you want it to work with your ideas. Both will, for that matter, but more so with phpVMS. I wasn't happy with what was out there myself so I created one to fit my needs, but in order to do that, you need extensive knowledge of php. :-)

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

Weirdly enough, I got phpVMS working fine after some tweaks and fixes. I'm still troubleshooting some issues with VAM and don't have a fully functioning server yet.

There's also VAOS.net in development, they might give you a beta to play with?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg