Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

When you got it good...dang...LEAVE IT ALONE..and just FLY!

Fully understand the why and what You wrote.

I was lucky I didn't have time to update Central or the Libraries, thus saving my installation. Bought a lot of stuff during their sale but haven't installed it. I'm also seriously considering leaving ORBX land and stay with Central 2 and whatever ORBX stuff I have for the foreseeable time.

Anyway; I'm Island hopping in the Caribbean, and having a blast.

Edit:: Just posted and all Your text is gone!!! Why?

Fully understand the why and what You wrote.

Note: Just posted and all Your text is gone!!!

Kab...I came back to it...and it was myself getting all the frustration of the past three weeks 'off my chest'.  I came back, and re-read...it is still how I feel, Kab...but in retrospect, didn't want to colorize another's opinion because of it.  I realize that other users's might feel the migration was a success...and so...in fairness,  decided to just have a pic under the title ( I deleted my text, not AVSIM).  If you read it...then my opinion stands...but I guess, it will be between you and me (smile).

Have great flights!

Post Edit:  Anyway; I'm Island hopping in the Caribbean, and having a blast.

Tell me what island...and I'll come meet ya for some beer and beef jerky! :)

Ses

I understand You, but believe me. It is not only you....

Anyway. My hometown is soaking wet, but Its bright and sunny in the Caribbean, so off I go.

Post Edit:

Since I already had UTX Tropical America v2, during the past weeks I bought most Caribbean airports from FlyTampa and TropicalSim, also added some photorealistic airports from a guy in Venezuela (great stuff), and PW. (Took a short while to fix elevations, but now it looks just fine).

Home base is TIST, from there I'm going all over North and South.  Punta Cana, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Barbados, you name it.

Cheers.

I understand You, but believe me. It is not only you....

Anyway. My hometown is soaking wet, but Its bright ans sunny in the Caribbean, so off I go.

Cheers.

Kab, if N.A. OpenLC can be sold, and installed independent of their unified LC lookup...then I shall purchase it.  If it only can be used under unified-migration. Then sadly (I was so looking forward to this...), I will have to pass.

Same here,

Plus the upcoming Germany, but I believe they will be tied to their new ORBX store and Central 3

Wishful thinking.

I read your original text.  I see nothing wrong with it. Its a point of view as we are entitled to have our views.

My thinking is that the latest move to unified, while it sounded great, means that we are totally locked into Orbx, "Captain of the World". 

Anytime there is a system wide install process that changes the main configures in FSX of P3D the developers should provide a roll back feature; for a number of reasons.  And the new move to link in purchases is probably more about trying to beat pirates than anything else.  I will say that I enjoy the new updating features of Central V2, anything to ease that pain and downloading etc is great.

I'm sitting here with a very high end computer that was running exceptionally well until I did the migration. I am one of those with the "blurries" issues.  I have mostly gotten around this by locking in my frames to 30fps which push's processing power to loading scenery textures.

It took me two weeks to get my new reinstall of FSX well advanced, I still have a variety of airports and sceneries I am continuing to install slowly.  Its just that I want to fly takes priority sometimes.  For me to once again do another reinstall is a horrifying thought....so I'm waiting patiently.

I think that they will be able to sort out the lclookup corruption issues and wrong texture placements.  But the blurries issues is a bigger thing, somehow I think there is now a bigger demand on the PC to look for and find the correct textures to display.

cheers

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I read your original text.  I see nothing wrong with it. Its a point of view as we are entitled to have our views.

My thinking is that the latest move to unified, while it sounded great, means that we are totally locked into Orbx, "Captain of the World". 

Anytime there is a system wide install process that changes the main configures in FSX of P3D the developers should provide a roll back feature; for a number of reasons.  And the new move to link in purchases is probably more about trying to beat pirates than anything else.  I will say that I enjoy the new updating features of Central V2, anything to ease that pain and downloading etc is great.

I'm sitting here with a very high end computer that was running exceptionally well until I did the migration. I am one of those with the "blurries" issues.  I have mostly gotten around this by locking in my frames to 30fps which push's processing power to loading scenery textures.

It took me two weeks to get my new reinstall of FSX well advanced, I still have a variety of airports and sceneries I am continuing to install slowly.  Its just that I want to fly takes priority sometimes.  For me to once again do another reinstall is a horrifying thought....so I'm waiting patiently.

I think that they will be able to sort out the lclookup corruption issues and wrong texture placements.  But the blurries issues is a bigger thing, somehow I think there is now a bigger demand on the PC to look for and find the correct textures to display.

cheers

Bryan

Before the migration, I was a certified Orbx Fan-person, hand's down, early-adopter for install.

Now...I am sit in the bush...and watch the forum posts, post release....sip a coffee, and read....

BTW, Bryan,  with Central v2.0 and the latest LIB (that has the migration files), no blurries at all.  I have the Central update box un-checked. All is good!

Mitch

Ses

Yep, agree 100%, once I got P3D 2.4 working with all my Orbx scenery, planes and other add ons I locked my sim down and have only added a couple of new planes since then. I've been around this hobby to long to know what can go wrong :wink:

Cheers

Martin

Yep, agree 100%, once I got P3D 2.4 working with all my Orbx scenery, planes and other add ons I locked my sim down and have only added a couple of new planes since then. I've been around this hobby to long to know what can go wrong :wink:

Cheers

Martin

Martin, you can safely update to the lastest Library file...just make sure you have the Central Update routine box, unchecked under SETTINGS.  It (the OrbxLIB latest) has updated items that you would want. No general texture blurries, under Central v2.0/ non migration.

Not sure if I have it checked or not and I'm afraid that when I open my Central it will update to the newer version, is that's not the case?  Or can I open Central and then go to settings and make sure the box is unchecked before anything will happen?

Thanks - Martin

Not sure if I have it checked or not and I'm afraid that when I open my Central it will update to the newer version, is that's not the case?  Or can I open Central and then go to settings and make sure the box is unchecked before anything will happen?

Thanks - Martin

Martin, you probably have it checked off..and it will open a window panel at the top, but if you ignore that...and do not mouse over it,...just go down to the lower left and press SETTINGS. Then, un-check the Central Update box.  Close out Central..and you are good to go. The next time you run Central...no update trigger or box, will appear.  Keep the file update checked though...it will alert you to updates to your regions and airports, with safely no Central update taking place.

Even though the latest Orbx Lib's file has the migration files embedded in its package...NO MIGRATION will ensue, if you do not update Central past v2.0. Safe flying.

If Orbx gets this cleaned up...then we all gain...if not, we are safe...

Ses

Not sure if I have it checked or not and I'm afraid that when I open my Central it will update to the newer version, is that's not the case? Or can I open Central and then go to settings and make sure the box is unchecked before anything will happen?

Thanks - Martin

What I did was:

Disconnect my PC from the network

Opened central 2 and unchecked "Check For Updates", closed it.

Then reconnected the PC to the network.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info Ses, and Ramon, I'll unplugged before doing anything!

Cheers

Martin

What I did was:

Disconnect my PC from the network

Opened central 2 and unchecked "Check For Updates", closed it.

Then reconnected the PC to the network.

Cheers.

Good plan...for all!