Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Phenom 100 update 2.0 out, now with Navigraph extension option

Carenado just announced update 2.0 for Phenom 100. Compatible with FSX-SE and P3Dv3, now also includes Navigraph Extension Pack (optional, for one week at $ 4.95):
I don't have it, but I hope they will soon release v2.0 for the Phenom 300 as well.
Here is the changelog:

UPDATED to VERSION 2.0 AND NAVIGRAPH EXTENSION PACK!!!
CARENADO E50P PHENOM 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

IMPORTANT:
-Customers should retrieve a new serial entering to their accounts at www.carenado.com - "My Products" section (old serials are no longer valid).

New Version (2.0)
- P3Dv3 and Steam compatible
- Improved Autopilot behavior
- T.O. config implemented
- G1000 improvements
- XPDR different modes added
- 3D knob technology improved.
- GPU implemented
- TOGA button
- Seat belt/Non Smoking sign added
- Power setting display on MFD
- 2D detachable autopilot
- MFD flap indicator fixed
- Test sound added
- Minor bugs fixed

Customers should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version and then download the package again from the link provided. Downloads were increased.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php…

Navigraph Extension Pack for Phenom 100 FSX/P3D
http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php…
ONLY for 10 days $4.95!!!

Tempting to buy with the list of improvements but the Phenom 300 v2 cannot be far behind.  G-1000 improvements.... sounds interesting.  Looks like they fixed the non-working knobs.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

how can i tell if navigraph is updated.  I have updated but dont know how to tell if it worked.

Kevin Humphryes

New Version (2.0)
- P3Dv3 and Steam compatible

Hi, I don't know if I'm reading at the wrong place, but in v2 Carenado says is full compatible with FSX and P3D v2.0 (not P3D v3.0+). Confusing.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I am not very tempted, honestly.
As a further minus, non-previous owners (like me) apparently should pay $ 4.95 in addition to the base package, which still costs $ 39.99.
Based on my experience with Carenado, I prefer to save my money for their incoming Do228.

Just tried out V2. It is indeed P3D V3 compatible, it gave a V3 install option and it ran fine in v3.2 which is what I have installed.

That said, performance is poor. I'm getting 30-40 FPS on the ground at KLAS with Orbx So Cal scenery and no weather. I get 40-50 in the same scenario with the F1 Mustang. I tried a flight from KLAS to KLAX and ran in to a few frustrating bugs trying to program the G1000.

The F1 Mustang is a better buy in my opinion, it performs better and the G1000 implementation is in another league compared to Carenado's. The Carenado Phenom visuals are better but the Mustang still holds up well after all these years and is just more enjoyable all around. My only problem with the F1 Mustang is that it tends to crash a little too often.

I've always had the Phenom 100 parked and hardly used it since I mostly fly the F1 Mustang and Eaglesoft 750, but I decided to update my Phenom, and I'm not bothered by the extra $4.95 to add the Navigraph extension pack. For God sake! for those complaining about it, so you can't get you happy meal at McDonalds for one day. No problem with frame rates here, and I find her to fly much steady than before. Given, it's not a study aircraft, but then again, if I wanted to just fly such a complicated aircraft, I would stay with my PMDG's.

does anyone know is this a free update to vers 1 or a buy again package

Peter

Version 1 to 2 is free, but if you want the Nav Extension Pack, you'll have to pay for that extra.

Just tried it in FSX-SE and was reminded of the poor frame rates ; no improvement there.

purchased off Just Flight which is still showing V1 suppose I will have to wait for them to update,such is life

Peter

Hopefully AVSIM will update the review on the aircraft soon!!  They weren't too excited about V1 but then said indicated it was not perfect and recommended for a "casual or slightly above-average flight sim experience" -  http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-embraer-phenom-100-by-carenado-r2369. I thought it was an excellent and fair review by Marlon Carter and the Phenom 100 has received some good comments on the YouTube circuit too like this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WNMXLvc3rU. I am still waiting for the "perfect" add-on aircraft with "perfect" modelling and outstanding frame rates (some are very, very close) but it's a good aircraft to practice your avionics skills and learn a little on how it is done in real life.  That's my goal in life anyway!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

anyone know where to look for the AIRAC Cycle in the Phenom?  I have ran the Navigraph update for 1607 and not sure its working.

Kevin Humphryes

My understanding is that is suppose to go to here ever your flight sim folder is at, and the sub folder suppose to be CarenadoNavigraph. There is suppose to be three folders in there, Default, G1000, and Navigraph. I haven't looked myself, but that's how the Navigraph FMS Data Manager maps it out.

anyone know where to look for the AIRAC Cycle in the Phenom?  I have ran the Navigraph update for 1607 and not sure its working.

Same question here. Additionally after updating the Airac to the 1606 Cycle, got a P3D CTD when loading the aircraft from the opening scenario screen. Had to uninstall the Extension Pack and re-installed again, but not updating the Airac, and now I don't know which cycle I'm using. Opened a ticket in Carenado Support site yesterday night, and the ticket is still open (no response).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers