Sign in to follow this  
Denco

Finally a VOXatc replacement

After trying the beta today I decided I'll definitely buy this product. It fill's the gap I had when switching from fsx to xplane and was left without VOXatc. Thank you for making this. I hope more people will look into it and support the development.

I do have a small question. Is there planned anytime in the development to display ATC Interaction Area menu inside Xplane. More specificaly the part that states all the said sentences said by the ATC and you. It could be bind to a custom key. I'm asking this because I really like to hand fly GA airplanes. Tabbing out and checking if I said everything correctly, or even what I need to say can get really tedious and tiresome.

In any case I was really supprised with trying the Pilot2ATC today even if it was only a short test.

Regards

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I agree this ATC program is very promising indeed. Just got the trial and I've just been dabbling with the amazing flight planner so far and gradually learning how to interact with ATC.  

• Upvote 1

Glad you're enjoying the trial.

You can actually make PIlot2ATC stay on top and then minimize it to only show the speech interaction area.  Just press the down arrow on the far bottom left of the main screen (to the left of the Com Freqs) and then resize/position the window.  P2A will remember where you put it.

Regards,

Dave

• Upvote 1

Glad you're enjoying the trial.

You can actually make PIlot2ATC stay on top and then minimize it to only show the speech interaction area.  Just press the down arrow on the far bottom left of the main screen (to the left of the Com Freqs) and then resize/position the window.  P2A will remember where you put it.

Regards,

Dave

There is just one small problem with that. I also have to have comms visible to see the chatter area. Maybe also add a another arrow only for that area?

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Well I've managed to hide the comms tab but I can't keep the ATC interaction area on top of xplane. As soon as I click on Xplane the ATC thingy gets thown in the background. On top does work without pressing the down arrow button but the it obscures my whole view.

EDIT:

There is also I bug I've found. My hometown airport "LJMB" has the same frequency for the tower and the approach. When the approach told me to switch to tower. I contacted the tower, remember they're the same frequency, with the "WorldTravel One One Five established on final for ILS runway Three Zero" phrase, but the response I got was to switch to the tower frequency. Did I contact tower  wrong or is there a bug with the ATC not recongizing Tower and approach on the same frequency.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

As a workaround for the App/Tower on same frequency, you should be able to switch to a different frequency and then back to the one for Tower and P2A will figure out you are switching to Tower.  I have staying on the same frequency for a different controller on the bug list.

If you're running X-Plane in full screen mode instead of windowed mode, X-Plane takes over physical control of the screen and other programs, including P2A cannot stay on top.  Switch to windowed mode and it should work.

Dave

As a workaround for the App/Tower on same frequency, you should be able to switch to a different frequency and then back to the one for Tower and P2A will figure out you are switching to Tower.  I have staying on the same frequency for a different controller on the bug list.

If you're running X-Plane in full screen mode instead of windowed mode, X-Plane takes over physical control of the screen and other programs, including P2A cannot stay on top.  Switch to windowed mode and it should work.

Dave

If I'm not mistaken X planes full screen is basicaly borderless window screen.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080