Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Sounds crashing my PC (need suggestions)

Guest w2sjw

Fellow Simmers,I am at a complete loss at this point trying to figure out what to try next - I get a complete BSOD that comes back with a 'Machine Check Exception' any time I try to use the fairly-loud JT8D sound sets on Erick Cantu's 737-200 and 727-200 models (the sets that are 'designed' for them). I have an Athlon 3500+ with a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition sound card in this machine.The strangest thing of all is that the BSOD's don't occur when I use the 727's with Richard Probst's panel (a great panel, but I prefer Ken Mitchell's).I have seen a few posts around that others get the same high-pitched squealing whine, then the sim locks up, and then XP crashes. Has anyone else come to a conclusion as to what might be causing this and what to look at next? Erick's 737's & 727's where 2 of my most favorite kind of planes to fly (next to the SGA DC-9 & MD-80 sets) which, by the way, DO NOT crash my PC at full throttle or volume. Anyone's help here is greatly appreciated!!!

Guest panda234

try running dxdiag and see what comes up. Otherwise you're into chipset upgrades etc., argh...billg

Guest w2sjw

I did a DxDiag test with no problems. I also forgot to mention that this mobo is an Asus A8N-SLI (so it's a fairly new setup).Scott

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

May sound totally unrelated, Scott, but have you checked your video drivers? Any recent driver upgrades?-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...