Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

Milviz P-38 Redbull edition FREE

I don't have any classic warbirds in my hangar, more of a jet fan. But hey when a respected software house gives away one of these classics for free, of course I'll try it! THANK YOU!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have been considering a twin engine warbird for a while, now I can try this beautiful bird for free!  Thanks, MilViz!!!!!!!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yes a very nice gift from Milviz. Thank you Milviz. Just one issue I have found. It works perfectly with starting up the two engines and following the guide in FSX. Not so in P3D v3.3. Doing the partially automatic mode with the Ctrl E, starts only the left engine. And using the full manual mode just does not start the engines.The mixture levers flutter, the prop levers do not want to move forward, and the one prop lever flutters up and down when Ctrl E is used as start. And I cannot get any of the magneto switches on, except for the left engines left magneto, which only switches on with Ctrl E mode.

I have followed all advice on the Milviz forum, and by setting the mixture with the Ctrl-Shift-F4 for full rich option. I have no issues with the default P3D Lockheed P-38's nor the payware addon Lockheed P-38's from FlightSim Developers. So it must be with this model. I know with this becoming a freeware giveaway, there is no support, but hopefully Milviz patch it, if enough of us ask them to fix it for the newest versions of P3D.

Regards

Andrew Brown

Auto start works but you have to manually click off the mixture lock then it will work just fine.

Auto start works but you have to manually click off the mixture lock then it will work just fine.

Hi Slayer

Thanks for advice. I think I tried this, but maybe not. I'll follow your advice and see how I go. I'll report back if I succeeed or don't. Have you tried this in P3D v3.3.

Regards

Edit - 12 July 2016 SAST 16H00

Ok, tested and it works in P3D v3.3. Once one has clicked the mixture lock buttons everything settles down and one can even perform the full manual start, or the semi-auto Ctrl E start. It seems P3D is a lot more finicky or should I say fastidious, in the startup process. Thanks for the tip Slayer.