Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

T/D flashing in two positions on the ND

On a flight today, after selecting the arrival procedure in the FMS, the T/D point along the flight path was flashing at high frequency between two points approx 5 nm apart. I also noticed the deceleration points further along the flight path were moving rapidly in unison. Seems the system was confused about two separate T/D points. I did have decent winds in the Forecast page as per PFPX. Running ASN weather.

I did change the arrival procedure in the FMS once, same runway, just removing the Transition. Maybe this initiated the problem? Something I have done wrong? Maybe a known issue with the sim?

On reaching the first of these duel flashing T/D points, aircraft began VNAV decent as normal and everything was fine.

I have flown this route before and did not have this behavior. Only other thing I did that I never usually do, I paused the sim for a couple minutes during cruise.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Seems the system was confused about two separate T/D points
I have seen this before where one T/D is jumping back and forth but never two distinct T/D that were on the ND at the same time. If the distance between the two T/D is 5 nm I would not worry if the descent is on profile. I figured it was caused by the winds the A/C was passing thru at the time. I don't believe pause or removing the transition should cause it to occur. Or maybe it was mimicking me. Sometimes I can't decide either. Not a very satisfying answer but I don't believe there is one.

Doesn't happen real world, at least not that I've seen. I think this has been brought up before and I *think* it's a known bug.

Matt Cee

I've seen it too, but I didn't make note of it and now I'd like to figure out a way to faithfully reproduce the dancing TOD so I can give it a try in beta testing the Queen... hopefully sooner than later.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh Dan now, who is the "Queen"?

Alberto, the nickname for the 747 is Queen of the Skies, and she is called the Queen with affection and respect by most.

Dan Downs KCRP

Alberto, the nickname for the 747 is Queen of the Skies, and she is called the Queen with affection and respect by most.

Knew that, but are you referring to some new airplane coming out ? I am missing something.

I've seen it too, but I didn't make note of it and now I'd like to figure out a way to faithfully reproduce the dancing TOD so I can give it a try in beta testing the Queen... hopefully sooner than later.

Dan, my guess is that this "dancing" T/D appeared in the ND after I made a change to either or both of my arrival runway / STAR / transition point. I made this change quite far out, was probably 60 -70 nm before T/D at the time. I had not selected an arrival into the FMS prior to departure but selected one, then shortly after, changed it as runway wind was reported as only 4 kts and crosswind. I also initially selected a transition and then removed just the transition. Maybe this helps. If I recreate this again, I will let you know. Flight was FAOR-FAGG FL370 using payware airports both ends. P3D v3.2.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor