Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Help using FSUIPC to assign axis to the Engine Fuel levers

I have a CH Products Throttle Quadrant, trying to assign two of the levers to the two engine fuel switches. I'm using the default PMDG assignments Shift+Control+F1/F2/F3/F4. This makes it easy to assign buttons but I want to use two of the axis' on the controller. Too easy to bump a button by mistake and shut an engine down.

I need it to be aircraft specific as I don't want to affect the levers which are working perfectly as Condition Levers in prop aircraft such as the Dash 8. Currently these two levers are not being used in my NGX so if this is possible, can someone let me know how to do it as I am not winning. I don't seem to be able to assign an axis with a custom key command such as Shift+Control+F1 as the options appear limited to a drop down menu in FSUIPC and there is no obvious options for Eng1 Fuel cut off and Eng 1 fuel on for example.

Thanks

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

(theoretical)

find axis by axis assignments

set up 2 ranges (or whatever)

fsuipc upper right

range 1 xxx to xxxx etc

range 2

then

'control sent when range entered' 1 range on / 2 off or something

enter a <custom control> as per the list found

PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\SDK\PMDG_NGX_SDK.h

the

THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN

in the list which is the base number is

i think fuel switch is called

because thats under

// Control Stand

EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG1_START_LEVER                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 688)    
EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG2_START_LEVER                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 689)

you find the right one (take a peak at LINDA LUA file will say)

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

Thanks for that majapahit but this sounds very complicated and I am still confused :(

I took a look at PDMG_NGX_SDK.h but I don't have programming experience and I do not see a list of commands like the ones you refer to. I would need the idiots step-by-step guide. Unless there is an easier way I guess I will have to forget this idea.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I see your

"I'm using the default PMDG assignments Shift+Control+F1/F2/F3/F4.”

now

so ignore <custom control>, ignore PDMG_NGX_SDK.h

you may look at that if keypress doesnt work

a proper dowson forum link is

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76194-fsuipc4-parameters/

concerning

for ‘what is the code for a shifted key to enter in the

‘control sent when range entered) // (and/or exited)’

page 20

"FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf"

for the keycodes

F1

F2

F3

F4

=

page 21

for the <shifts> value(s)

1/2/4/8/16 .. etc

the small print is

9 for shift+…

10 for control+…

11 for shift+control+…

THUS

your

shift+control=

WITH the formula on the forum

“(param is Keycode + 256*Shift code, or JsBk)” simple:

Keycode + 256*<Shiftcode>

THUS

Keycode + 256*11 // when shift+control

THUS

<shftctrl+F1> // F1+256*11=112+256*11=2928

<shftctrl+F2> // F2+256*11=113+256*11=2929

F3           // 2930

F4           // 2931

(I hastily calculated)

as previous

in general

find axis

enter

range 1 xxx to xxxx etc

'control sent when range entered' 1 range ON/UP / 2 OFF/DOWN w. 2 axis

select drop down

<Key press & release>, because you tested this right?, and it moved the fuel lever, yes?

and in the parameter box you enter

for the four instances 2 lever up and two levers down

SPECIFICALLY

you have to do this quite carefully i can remember

Set up to 10 ranges ..

number right of Up/Dwn arrow must be 1

hold lever down = press FROM

set lever middle = press TO

you define range 1 from lever 1

select drop down

<Key press & release>, because you tested this right?, and it moved the fuel lever, yes?

and in the parameter box you enter

2929  // IF your fuel cut of is F1 (hastily chk)

you now have entered the command for range 1, (which is coming from Up, thus command is WHEN coming DOWN)

CHKBOX "down" (and "Up" for why not)

then up arrow in arrow boxes left of range = xxx (was 1)

this up arrow so you'll enter range 2, number 2 appears

repeat for upper range

lever A BIT (or rather A LOT to make sure) ABOVE MIDDLE = FROM bottom of upper range 2

lever to TOP = TO, top of upper range 2

dropdown <Key press & release> and parameter

CHKBOX "UP" (and "DOWN" for why not, this is for more than 2 ranges, also be sure there's a little or large GAP in the middle of the 2 ranges)

repeat above now for lever 2

and in the parameter boxes you entered all of 2929/2929/2930/2931

for the four instances 2 lever up and two levers down

hope this works for ya

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

You can also look at about 15 documents concerning FSUIPC at Microsoft Flight Simulator X>Modules>FSUIPC Documents.

Thanks majapahit. Really appreciate your help. I got it working perfectly by following your instructions. Not sure I would ever have figured out those numbers myself. Thanks again :)

GregH

your welcome (I figured this out 10 years ago or so, when I was still young and smart)