Sign in to follow this  
sdelvecc

Will PC on DSL and Tablet on WiFi work for CDU 777?

Hello,  I'm interested in purchasing a Samsung Tablet (Galaxy Tab S 2) to run the Virtual CDU 777.  I run FSX on a desktop PC connected via DSL modem to the internet.  That modem router (Netgear Model 7550) also has WiFi capability (there's a lighted "WIRELESS" indicator).  

I'll be connecting the Samsung Tablet via WiFi.  Will the Virtual CDU app work with this setup--the PC on DSL and the Tablet on WiFi?    The reason I ask is that I've seen it stated that both PC and Virtual CDU must be "on the same network".  Not sure what this means.  Before I purchase, I'd like to know if my setup work? Appreciate any responses, opinions, etc. Thanks a lot.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Your setup is the most common setup for home wifi networking and is the very setup Virtual CDU was developed for.

By "on the same network", we mean that both the computer and the tablet device must be connected to the router, either by cable or wifi.

But before going ahead with the purchase, we encourage you to try with Virtual CDU Demo (available on the Play Store as well) first, since the communication setup will be same for all VCDU versions and you will be able to confirm it works and do any configuration, if any is needed.

The only caveat for using Virtual CDU Demo is that is was developed for the 737 and thus, VAInterface (the companion software that run on the PC side) will not allow it to connect to the 777, so you will get an error message in the tablet screen.

However, the reception of this message will mean the connection part is working and will work for the VCDU 777 when you purchase it.

Also, if you happen to find any issues or have trouble getting it to work, we will provide all the necessary support until that is accomplished.

Best Regards,

Ricardo.

VA Support Team

www.virtualavionics.com

Hi Recardo, thanks alot for your reply.  I've downloaded the Virtual CDU Demo and will be testing the setuup with that app--good suggestion.  I then plan on purchasing the VCDU 737 and the VCDU 777.  

Thanks again for your prompt response and help.

Steve

Hi Ricardo, purchased the VCDU 777 and VCDU 737.  Easy to set up.  Both work very well.  Great product!

Thanks,

Steve