Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

(7/2/16) News about Orbx Migration Progress, plus more!

Bill,

Not everyone has access to the non public portion of ORBX forums, sometimes through no fault of their own.

Please post the details if you can.

Thank you sir.

Kind regards,

Looks like Vector 1.40 was just released

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Bill,

Not everyone has access to the non public portion of ORBX forums, sometimes through no fault of their own.

Please post the details if you can.

Thank you sir.

Kind regards,

They are still working on a fix for the "1-2%" that are effected by the migration but they are getting closer

This is the big doozie default_smile.png  We have had over 8,000 customers migrate to FTXCv2.1 and about 1-2% of customers have experienced post-migration issues ranging from mild to severe. Let me apologise to those 1-2% because it was never our intention to cause a single person disruption to their enjoyment of the sim nor have people resort to re-installs. We're genuinely sorry that things have gone awry for you.

Ben has been back at work for a nearly a week and we're testing his diagnostic tool. Here's a beta screenshot of what to expect when you run the tool:

ZORAN

Thanks,

I can not get into the forum to read the details as I changed internet providers a long time ago and do not have access to the original email address to retrieve passwords.

Don't think it is punitive or personal, but have hit a wall I can't get around and won't reregister as that is improper.

Therefore copying and pasting (if permitted) important stuff is very helpful. So, thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

I was about to copy and post, but Mike beat me to it.

Stephen, have you tried emailing Orbx to see if they can help you?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Hi Bill,

I wish it was as simple as that. The only email address I can find is one that begins with "info" that is, as far as I can tell, for commercial enquiries only.

Anyway, thanks for asking. If you know of a suitable email address, and you would be so kind to PM it, I might try again, since I have a small fortune in ORBX software.

Kind regards,

I can not get into the forum to read the details as I changed internet providers a long time ago and do not have access to the original email address to retrieve passwords.

Hi Stephen,

Have you tried signing in using either your Facebook or Google account details? Just tried and it works. However, they do ask you to link your ORBX account with the above so that may be your stumbling block if you can't recall the details. What about Password Recovery? Is there an option available to you when you try to login to ORBX?

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I changed internet providers way back so the email they default to is no longer available to me. Since there is no other retrieve passport option than registered email, I am sunk.

Perhaps I will look into the Facebook option. Thank you for taking the time to be helpful.

Kind regards,

Stephen, why don't you re-register and then ask ORBX to delete your old account? By doing so wouldn't you end up with one working account?

Hans

I was about to copy and post, but Mike beat me to it.

This would violate the AVSIM copyright rules Bill (see rules under Forums tab above).  Steve is just going to have to figure out how to sign back up on FTX/Orbx.  I saw on the FTX Forums that his username was the same as here but they changed it to spiritflyer_old which indicates to me they are working to get him a new account.

Thanks Bill for the OP.  A great heads-up for all of us!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I hope they get this all resolved soon.  There's an airport I've been wanting and OpenLC NA south too.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Jim,

I did not know that was a copyright rule violation!

I gather the link is ok?

I hope Spirit Flyer can get access..............it seems to me there should be an email address he can send a message about this?

One suggestion to all, get a loose leaf note book with removable blank pages and note each website you frequent with the Title (website name), email address/handle/userID, and of course password. I started mine a few years ago and I'm up to 98 individual websites or forums. This includes a ton of sim websites, but also medication, newspapers/magazines, etc. This saves a lot of grief.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

I connected with one of my old friends who is on the team over there and he has passed on my request to the proper ORBX forum people.

Meanwhile I was able to temporarily register through Facebook.

I expect all will be well by and by. Thanks for the kind care and concern.

Good people all!

Kind regards,

PS: Bill, I have a couple of scrapbooks loaded with appropriate notes. It all went unhinged when I changed providers and (apparently permanently) lost one of the scribblers.

I gather the link is ok?

The link is what we want!!  Thanks Bill.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10