Sign in to follow this  
Grady

I've moved... P3D

Hi all,

So after my last spate of crashes with my beloved FSX, I decided to migrate to P3D.

For all those wondering whether it's worth it, 100% yes. It's going to be an expensive move by the time I've finished installing all of my addons, the 737NG and Turbine Duke need repurchasing for P3D.

I am so, so pleased with the FPS difference.

Without further a do...

27969456531_c324a9b1c0_o.png

27944696262_1517202228_o.png

28047089305_850c4ed167_o.png

28046957425_e759155c20_o.png

27766361020_8473d636ed_o.png

Happy flying,

Grady.

• Upvote 1

Nice pics Grady.

What is this the fps difference that you've experienced? Just curious. A year ago I would've switched upon hearing that, but now that I have a 6600k, FSX:SE is running as well as I could hope for and I don't want to pay for dual PMDG licenses haha

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600 

Great shots, Grady. I really enjoy P3D screenshots with a nice composition and some solid addons. Game has such a natural, consistent look to it. Sometimes you even have to do a double-take to make sure it isn't a real photograph. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Lovely shots, I look forward to the day I move as well, though I would need to get a new PC to do so. Thinking about building one this time..

Julian McCoy

Nice shots.

nebojsa

Nice pics Grady.

What is this the fps difference that you've experienced? Just curious. A year ago I would've switched upon hearing that, but now that I have a 6600k, FSX:SE is running as well as I could hope for and I don't want to pay for dual PMDG licenses haha

Thanks Jim. It's huge, judging by your system specs I think you can expect to experience the same jump as I did.

For example, if I were to fly the same aircraft (Wilco Falcon 7X) at the same airport (ORBX Monterey) it'd be virtually unplayable (to me anyway, I don't like anything sub 20fps), the 7X is extremely FPS hungry because of the interior. The same aircraft, flying at the same location (again P3D at very high settings), produces almost 3x FPS.

It's the same for all airports I've tried so far, FlyTampa's Tampa Reboot was even worse FPS wise with the 7X, now I'm flying in and out of Tampa like there's no tomorrow.

Great shots, Grady. I really enjoy P3D screenshots with a nice composition and some solid addons. Game has such a natural, consistent look to it. Sometimes you even have to do a double-take to make sure it isn't a real photograph. 

Thanks Seth, couldn't agree more. I have to say, the screenshot subforum here was definitely persuasive in getting me to migrate.

Nice shots!

Thanks William!

Lovely shots, I look forward to the day I move as well, though I would need to get a new PC to do so. Thinking about building one this time..

Thank you Julian. Go for it, once you start building your own PC you'll never go back, I've built my last 4 now.

Nice shots.

nebojsa

Thanks Nebojsa.

Grady.

Gosh I wish that falcon had systems modeling..

Would have been the best bizjet around

Sweet shots though!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Gosh I wish that falcon had systems modeling..

Would have been the best bizjet around

Sweet shots though!

Thanks Ryan.

So true, I actually find the systems quite frustrating. I must confess I don't spend much time in the 7X for that exact reason.

I agree would have loved even basic system modeling for the Falcon. Looks great though. By the end of this year I hope to move to P3D depending on the price of the PMDG 747v3.

Framerates when close to the ground seem to be rather poor in the handful of YouTube videos that I have seen. I am also not that impressed with the VC graphics. They look a bit "flat" to me, but maybe that is how the real aircraft looks?? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png