Sign in to follow this  

Hello,

I recently upgraded from FSX Steam to P3D V3.3. I like it a lot, but I have a problem. It seems as, if my yoke hasn't been moving for an hour, it "disconnects". Which means whenever I'm on final and turn autopilot off, I can't save my plane from falling out of the sky until it connects.

Is there a way I can keep it always on? This is really making me mad.

Cheers

Grant

From another Forum:

Windows USB ports are set to be disabled if idle to save power, you can disable this function by going to

• Control Panel
  • Device Manager
  • Universal Serial Bus controllers (expand this)

You should see a list of Generic USB Hub

Right click on each one of them and select Properties | Power Management and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

• Upvote 2

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

From another Forum:

Windows USB ports are set to be disabled if idle to save power, you can disable this function by going to

• Control Panel
  • Device Manager
  • Universal Serial Bus controllers (expand this)

You should see a list of Generic USB Hub

Right click on each one of them and select Properties | Power Management and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

You're a LIFESAVER!

Thank you so much!

Glad to help.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The forces in my Force Feedback Joystick work until FSX boots up, and then they suddenly quit. The joy stick still functions, but there are no control surface forces. I can get the ground bumps and the gear retraction bump to work, although I don't like to use those items. I've tried resetting the forces several times in the FSX controls menu, but still no luck.  I did what you recommended above, but it didn't fix the problem.  I'm using Windows 10 and my hardware is almost identical to yours. I really don't want to use any 3rd party addons, since I've read that they have undesirable effects on the PMDG autopilots. Any ideas? Thanks. 

Pete Locascio

Hi Pete,

I have the MSFF2 and Windows 10.

The problem with the MSFF2 is that it's not supported any more - meaning there is no real support for the forces.

However, I am using it very successfully under W10 by using a program called "FSForce".

Not only that it's working nice, I have WAY better forces than with the default FSX setting.

The thing above is about known disconnects since Windows 8.0. So when I install windows new, I must go into device manager, find the joystick device (a bit of trial an error) and disable the power saving feature. Alternatively one can do it from registry too.

I read you post and am not really sure if the above would fix the problem though - what you are having are general problems, because if I turn off FSForce, I (should) have all force FSX (or P3D) provides or should provide.

That said, I haven't tried for a long long time to use internal FSX forces, and currently only using P3D.

The forces in my Force Feedback Joystick work until FSX boots up, and then they suddenly quit. The joy stick still functions, but there are no control surface forces. I can get the ground bumps and the gear retraction bump to work, although I don't like to use those items. I've tried resetting the forces several times in the FSX controls menu, but still no luck.  I did what you recommended above, but it didn't fix the problem.  I'm using Windows 10 and my hardware is almost identical to yours. I really don't want to use any 3rd party addons, since I've read that they have undesirable effects on the PMDG autopilots. Any ideas? Thanks. 

Pete, as Simon said, definitely try FS Force with your MS FF2 joystick or you're really missing out on just how good it can be. There's a trial version available at http://fs-force.com/download.htm. Well worth the money IMHO.