Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Banned again..

It seems whenever I am banned from the FTX Forum I find myself back here.

Yep, it happened again.  But I was just politely expressing my opinion in a calm manner (using my regular writing style) and JV blocked the thread and put me on suspension for a month.  I can read the forum and my PMs but I am unable to respond or post anything until August 1st.

This makes my third suspension.

I was simply stating that I was tired of all the tweaking and maintenance that has to be done with P3D/Orbx and that I was uninstalling Orbx and going back to FS2004 which is less intimidating to someone with my limited expertise.  Most of the respondents were in agreement and wished me well with FS2004 and then JV closed the thread and suspending my posting privileges.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

It's a tough place to post because even if your very polite but complain about their products or policies you run the risk of getting banned or suspended.

Although in your car if your going back to FS9 then you won't need to post on their forum anyway.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You got what you deserved Noel. Expressing an opinion on Orbx? What were you thinking? :shok:

• Upvote 20

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Oh well, you should count your blessing be able to go back to FS9.   I bought many ORBX stuffs over the years.  Although their stuffs are visually appealing, performance is generally not good for the average user with average system.  So it's a love hate relationship, love the visual then reality of stutters and frame drop hit you as you fly, totally destroy the flight experience until you fly far enough from the airport then as you approach the hate starts again until you land.  I am about to reinstall with either P3D v3.2 or 3.3.  When I do that, many ORBX stuffs may not be back on my system, simply as you stated, too many tweaks, updates.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Jim, I have a lot friends in Orbx Pilot's Lounge and we talk about a multitude of subjects apart from flight simming.  Some have urged me to come back by PMs and e-mails even if I have moved back to FS2004.

I will go back because I enjoy most the people there and the camaraderie.   When my suspension is up I will return and continue expressing myself until I'm banned again.

I was e-mailed by one member that someone started a new thread complaining that the thread I had started had been closed and after a few replies the thread just disappeared as it had never existed. 

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I followed this thread and expressed my lack of understanding, which thread was deleted later, too. I very much enjoy the ORBX products, but in cases like this one JV might be better served to be more sensitive towards his customers, even more as birdguy gave a number of quite valuable contributions to their forum.

Flight simming can be frustrating at times, and the present ORBX "situation" which certainly affects more than 1-2% in some way might contribute. I recall someone else who was about to shelve FSX not for FS9 but for collecting stamps. He wasn't banned.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

You got what you deserved Noel. Expressing an opinion on Orbx? What were you thinking? :shok:

I almost sprayed the coffee I was drinking all over my computer!!  Too too funny!!

• Upvote 3

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Noel and the other "1-2%"  frustrated customers suffering because of messed up installation is ORBX fault.

Release of an untested product, lack of communication and official support during the the last month left users  alone,

so they did all sort of things trying to fix their systems.

There is still no fix, and the whole Noel's banning is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

There is certainly nothing in that thread that should have persuaded JV to ban you for a month.

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I didn't know you got banned. sorry to hear that. JV comes down a bit hard sometimes I think.

well...happy fourth!

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

No rest for the wicked! :)

BTW Noel, you are not really going back to FS9 are you? Couldn't bear the thought.

P3D and ORBX has ruined anything that far back for me. My imaginer doesn't work that well for me anymore!

Gotta see to believe...

Kind regards,

Until recently I wanted orbx with it's products come to x-plane.

I'm not sure anymore.

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Yea I got a screen shot post there closed and a stern warning from an administrator as 2 of my 10 shots "didn't show Orbx Scenery" One was taken from the back seat of a jet and scenery could be seen through the windows. The other was taken from under the jet looking up all the other shots were takeoff and approach shots.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Can't imagine a company banning people who likely paid about $100 for ONE of their products. Shame.

• Upvote 4

I'm already back Stephen.  Today I loaded all the California Classics North American 1960s scenery and AI aircraft and flight plans. 

I am not a purist.  I like to PRETEND I'm flying.  Having been a real life pilot for me no simulator is 'as real as it gets'.  For me it's a game like Hearts or Solitaire.  But it's my favorite pastime.  Fixing and tweaking are not supposed to be a part of the game.

In my Orbx post I stated that the problem was mine since nobody else experienced it.  And because I am not competent enough with new generation simulators and sceneries to fix it myself I was going back to something familiar.  I did not blame Orbx for the problem so I have no idea why JV suspended me for a month unless it was because some of the replies to my thread agreed with me.

I developed a few sceneries and traffic programs for California Classics way back when.  It's home.  And I know how it works.  And with the system I bought for FSX and Orbx FS2004 literally screams on it.

Now I'm not telling anyone they should follow in my foot steps.  Those who can make FSX and P3D and Orbx work for them should stick with it  As for me I will flying the MAAM DC-3 in multiple liveries between 1960s airports around the world.

Noel.