Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Banned again..

Yea I got a screen shot post there closed and a stern warning from an administrator as 2 of my 10 shots "didn't show Orbx Scenery" One was taken from the back seat of a jet and scenery could be seen through the windows. The other was taken from under the jet looking up all the other shots were takeoff and approach shots.

Seriously?

That is quite ridiculous.   I try not to get embroiled into anything 'political' in the flight sim world, but such draconian management of their forums is bizarre!  

When you have such a generally strong, well respected product, why compromise the integrity of your business with such petty uses of moderative power?

Odd.   I guess Orbx must be feeling pretty insecure to be reacting in such ways.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Odd. I guess Orbx must be feeling pretty insecure to be reacting in such ways.

Or over confident. :unknw: 

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That is very strange.  One of the members just recently posted 3 shots of his wedding.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Odd. I guess Orbx must be feeling pretty insecure to be reacting in such ways.

Or over confident. :unknw:

Yes and in the both cases the result is often the same ...

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I have probably spent $1000 over the years on Orbx. When they had the big pre-Christmas sale last year I purchased $300 worth of Orbix scenery ( most not upgraded yet for P3Dv3 after they said the titles would be updated ) So I patently waited several month for the updates so I could use the products I purchased months in advance. I asked a simple question about when I could expect the products. I was told I should be thankful they are providing me a FREE update and was banned. ummm I don't call paying $300 a free upgrade. On top of them saying future releases of P3Dv4 will require a full re-purchase I am scared and turned off Orbx and have not purchased any of there products since. In the past I would purchase something from Orbx every few months. A good way to not show a customer appreciation.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

future releases of P3Dv4 will require a full re-purchase

Other add ons as well.

Which is why, clearly IMHO, P3D is NOT the future of our hobby.

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

I've bought 87 ORBX payware sceneries plus a number of other products they promoted. What kept me coming back for more after once being slammed and banned were some wonderful ORBX staff and members that always treated me with great courtesy and respect behind the scenes.

The only advice I can give is to realize that not everyone thinks and acts the same way, nor does any person always get everything right, while sometimes everyone gets everything right. I have sure made my share of mistakes, bad calls and poor judgments too when such decisions were mine to make.

Perhaps the best thing is to hold your friends close, and those who are not yet friends, even closer. It seems to me in such matters that to err is human, to forgive and to forget is divine, or something like that. The forgetting part is the hardest for me, but am working on it!

I really favour ORBX products, but came to realize that the products themselves are all my money has ever really paid for. The comradery and friendship I have enjoyed online at ORBX and here at AVSIM was never sold, nor ever paid for, but has been a gift given by those looking for the same in return.

Being treated fairly, decently and with courtesy is what is all too often lost in the balance, and sometimes falls through the cracks, not just there, but everywhere. It is what it is, but whatever it is I am thankful to have been able to fly with the brightest and the best, y'all included!

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

Some developers ( no names as we all know who they are )  use P3D as an excuse to double dip sales! I can understand a fee but no at full price. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Some developers ( no names as we all know who they are )  use P3D as an excuse to double dip sales! I can understand a fee but no at full price.

Yes and shame on them for a simple port over. .. and we know who we are referring to.

spacer.png

This is my third ban Stephan.  I got a 10 day ban when I was a newcomer for complaining about the southwest desert sand being pea soup green when Global first came out.  I called it an abomination.  I deserved that one.

Shortly after that I got banned for almost a year.  I said I was not going to get out my prayer rug, face Australia, get on my knees and chant 'Akbar Orbyx'.  I deserved that one too.

But this last one has me puzzled because I did not criticize Orbx and noted that since nobody else had reported the problem I had it must be my system and I did not have the expertise to fix it. 

I'd say I have been a good customer.  I bought every Orbyx product released to date.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I don't know the details, doesn't matter, but how different is that from any other forum where you are banned just because some mod wants to? (And yes, I include avsim, xplane.org, orbx, etc.). Happens everywhere...

I don't know the details, doesn't matter, but how different is that from any other forum where you are banned just because some mod wants to? (And yes, I include avsim, xplane.org, orbx, etc.). Happens everywhere...

Some of us do.

Believe me, in this case there was nothing in his posts to warrant a ban.

He was just expressing his frustration with his sim not looking/working as it should, so he went back to FS9.

Perhaps a bit dramatic, but who am I to judge the way someone expresses his desire for a stable Simulator, specially when it was not his fault.

Other add ons as well.

Which is why, clearly IMHO, P3D is NOT the future of our hobby.

Chris,

You may be seeing very clearly what may soon become obvious, and right now I tend to agree, under those kind of circumstances.

I'll go where there are fresh new approaches and not the same old, same old !  Been there done that long enough. Work on the future, not try and rebuild the past!

This is my third ban Stephan.  I got a 10 day ban when I was a newcomer for complaining about the southwest desert sand being pea soup green when Global first came out.  I called it an abomination.  I deserved that one.

Shortly after that I got banned for almost a year.  I said I was not going to get out my prayer rug, face Australia, get on my knees and chant 'Akbar Orbyx'.  I deserved that one too.

But this last one has me puzzled because I did not criticize Orbx and noted that since nobody else had reported the problem I had it must be my system and I did not have the expertise to fix it. 

I'd say I have been a good customer.  I bought every Orbyx product released to date.

Noel

Noel, you sure were provocative, I'll grant you that!

However I can not imagine how anyone could not feel a deep abiding gratitude to all their customers let alone someone that spent a small fortune like you have. I'd even take you on vacation with my family with that kind of loyalty....Akbar Orbyx?...really? :)., well maybe not!

Anyway, don't let anyone anywhere who you are not related to get you down. Believe me, they just aren't worth it! Try one of the new sims that are coming! Perhaps they will be able to compete with your comfort level of FS9.

Who knows? Maybe the flight sim love of your life will fly into your life!

Kindest regards,

Shortly after that I got banned for almost a year.  I said I was not going to get out my prayer rug, face Australia, get on my knees and chant 'Akbar Orbyx'.  I deserved that one....

No, this was a funny one, made me laugh. No reason for a year in exile.

Kind regards

Tom

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

I'll go where there are fresh new approaches and not the same old, same old !  Been there done that long enough. Work on the future, not try and rebuild the past!

This maybe slightly off-topic but I already said what I feel on-topic. On this one:

In theory I fully agree to you. Actually, there is a fresh apporach, and it's not wishful thinking of a wannabe-CEO but reality. It's called AeroflyFS2 http://store.steampowered.com/app/434030 and you can buy it from Steam, It's Early Access but the maker IPACS is continually completing it and adding contents. They even provided a SDK allowing add-on scenery development as well as something like a Simconnect interface. Would this appeal to you?

However, do you think any single one of our beloved Addon developers cares to announce even a small grass strip? Yes, the user base is naturally small yet. Yes, there are some basic features missing yet. Yes, there is risk involved and margins are small already. etc. etc.

I say this after trying to get involved a few developers myself as I enjoy flying in that new baby, but to no avail so far.  That's on fresh new approaches. And AeroflyFS2 is rated 75% positive as of today, which is not bad for a new kid.

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: I just learned that the next version of SPAD.neXt is going to support AeroflyFS2. Which is a VERY promising start to get my Saitek gear going.

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11