Sign in to follow this  
Corrie

Aircraft initialisation failure

Hello

I would like some advice please.

When I open FSX Steam Edition, as soon as the initial screen appears I get the following message box.

Aircraft initialisation failure

IFly 747-400 AF.

Please Note; I do not have this aircraft in the Steam Edition.

However it is in my boxed version of FSX, which is in its own Folder. C:\ FSX.

I click on close; and the loading continues to the Steam FSX Home page and” Free Flight” Where I get the same message box again. After closing that message the current aircraft page has a black panel where an aircraft should be.

If I change Aircraft it loads Cold & Dark with empty fuel tanks.

Saving it with full fuel tanks makes no difference, it always loads in the same condition.

This problem only occurred since I bought the Embraer feelThere Phenonm 100 from Steam.

At first I thought the problem may be caused by the Phenom Configuration Tool which I have now deleted, but that made no difference.

While this is not a major problem, it never used to do this.

The Aircraft initialisation failure concerns me more.

It does not affect loading the Learjet45 (Using the load button), only if I Change to that aircraft when that also loads Cold & Dark with no Fuel.

I understood the two versions of FSX were separate, but it seems they are not.

Can someone help with this, I do not wish to delete the Steam version and start again because of its download size.

I don’t mind deleting the Phenonm 100 if necessary.

Note: the Boxed FSX is working alright I normally fly the early version  iFly 747-400 which has its problems, but I can get around those; and always start Cold & Dark but it does have an overhead panel and FMC etc.

Thanks for reading this.

Corrie

United Kingdom.

Kind of sounds like both Sims are sharing a "saved" default flight.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I agree Charliearon. But I have no idea how to fix it. FSX-SE is finding the iFly 747-400 from FSX somehow and messing up other aircraft as well.

Thanks for the interest

Corrie

[uSERINTERFACE]
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
SelectAircraftPublisher=All
SelectAircraftType=All
PageID=1
OpenATCOnCreate=0
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SITUATION=c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\flight simulator x files\Real Deal Deafult Flight.FLT <-----
Map_Orientation=0
DisplayFuelAsWeight=0

Look at the line the arrow points to in both your FSX.cfg and FSX-SE.cfg and see if they match.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you but the problem still exists. I can't find the FSX-SE cfg file; so i guess both FSX and FSX-SE are using the same FSX cfg file. I also only just noticed the boxed FSX has lost all of the Boeing 747-400s except the iFly 747s.

Normally I only fly the iFly one. They are still listed in the aircraft cfg file. Have also checked integrity of game on steam.

Corrie

Windows 10

3.3 GHz Core i5 4460. 8GB. GeForce GTX 950

Have you added or changed the panel at all in the 747-400 folder in the boxed version and forget to make

the proper change to the panel= line for each livery?  That will make them disappear on the Aircraft

Selection page.  If your default flight uses a 747-400 and none are seen, it will choose the next available

747 which is the IFly one.

Charlie Aron

Have You tried Here ??

C:\users\User Name\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX SE

Johnman  B)

Hi Charliearon

I missed your Post this morning somehow.

The CFG file has got the Panel= on all the 747-400 aircraft but they still do not show

Example

[fltsim.7]

title=Boeing 747-400 Martinair Cargo

sim=Boeing747-400

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=MAR

kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_check

kb_reference=Boeing747-400_ref

atc_id=PH-MPP

atc_airline=Martinair

atc_flight_number=100

atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_types=CARGO,RAMP

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

ui_type="747-400"

ui_variation="Martinair"

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

Thanks

Corrie

Usually the things that make default aircraft disappear from the Selection screen would be missing panel folder or

a missing texture folder or misnamed texture/panel folder.  Check your 747-400 folder to make sure you have a

panel folder (with stuff in it) and the folder is called panel.  Make sure you have a texture folder (correctly named)

for each [fltsim.x] in you aircraft.cfg.

Charlie Aron

Members
13 posts

Posted Today, 03:38 AM

Hi Johnman

Yes. It only has the fsx cfg file

Thank you

Corrie

Hi, Corrie,

The fsx config file in

C:\users\[user Name]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE should be named "fsx_se.cfg" not "fsx.cfg".  I have both versions of FSX installed and that is how it is named in my setup.  Did you by any chance copy the fsx.cfg file from  C:\users\[user Name]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX over to the equivalent FSX-SE folder?

In addition to possibly pointing to the FSX:MS (Box) startup situation, it sounds like the FSX.cfg file is also pointing to the .../Simobjects/airplanes folder in FSX:MS instead of FSX:SE.  But FSX:SE won't be able to load those FSX:MS aircraft since a number of files will be missing (such as gauges).

What happens if you backup and delete the fsx.cfg file in the fsx-se folder and let it rebuild on startup of FSX:SE (Steam)? 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hey Corrie,

When You installed FSX SE, Did You install as Administrator ??, Also when You Installed, did You have Your virus Scan Disabled ??. The reason I ask is, You must have an FSX SE "Folder", Under "Appdata" for the FSX SE.cfg "File" to go in,other wise You are Probably looking at an Uninstall/ Reinstall . And believe Me, Your virus Scan can Give You FITS, if its on During an Install !!, Good Luck - Johnman  B) 

I just run FSX-SE exclusively, and the only fsx.cfg is the one for FSX, not FSX-SE, in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg, if that is of any help, Corrie.

Hey Corrie,

Your Installation has Got to be Cross Wired, I would Certainly Try an Uninstall/ Reinstall, as Administrator, and with Your virus Scan OFF, For FSX SE only ! You Need to be gett'in to Enjoy Your Flight Sim !! - Johnman B)