Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang

Hi All

Any thoughts

Updated P3D to v3.3 plus Hotfix

Mustang now crashes the Sim-a pity cos it's a good plane.

Can anybody help or do I have to wait for a Flight 1 update?

xxd09

There are a lot of folks that aren't having issues (if that's comfort).  Make sure you turn off antivirus when you install.  Also, exclude the Simobjects Flight1_Mustang directory and the gauges/F1G1000_Aux directory from antivirus scan.  Also, are you running P3D as Admin?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Gregg

Thanks for that

Tried all this to no avail

Shame cos it was working in P3Dv3

Works well in my FSX setup

xxd09

Gregg

Just some more info

Did a reinstall

Crash occurred as Waypoints being loaded into Cessna activation by P3D

A point of conflict here?

xxd09

Crash occurred as Waypoints being loaded into Cessna activation by P3D

I'm not sure what that means.  Are you saying it was crashing as it was initializing navdata for the first time?  If so, I haven't heard that one before.  You should make a post over at the Mustang forum.  It's not the speediest forum for answers but they do work with you to get things resolved.  I'm running 3.3.5 latest and it's working well.  I had a problem with it freezing up on start up but that's largely resolved.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

It became unresponsive here while loading those waypoints, however I waited a few minutes and it was fine. Maybe give it another try and wait a bit longer even if the update window says that it is not responding.

Hans

It became unresponsive here while loading those waypoints, however waiting I waited a few minutes and it was fine. Maybe give it another try and wait a bit longer even if the update window says that it is not responding.

So, is that the first time loading the navdata?  Or is it just freezing with black G1000 screens? 

Gregg Seipp

Hi All

Thanks for the speedy response

Yes-that's the possible problem-loading of waypoints.

Did a full new download and reinstall

Usuall just a crash after a few seconds but one activation of the plane in P3D got the length of loading Waypoints then crashed.

Disappointing

xxd09

PS have informed Flight1 via Forums

So, is that the first time loading the navdata?  Or is it just freezing with black G1000 screens? 

I saw it after upgrading navdata to 1607, it "stalled" a while when loading those waypoints. Not sure that it became unresponsive when navdata was updated the first time after installation.

Hans

I saw it after upgrading navdata to 1607, it "stalled" a while when loading those waypoints. Not sure that it became unresponsive when navdata was updated the first time after installation.

Oh...hmmm...I'll have to check to see if I have that Airac.  I have found some errors in recent Airacs and have been meaning to post them on the navigraph support forum.  No freezes or crashes updating but it can take some time.

Gregg Seipp

I had the same crash/freeze after updating to the 1607 cycle from Navigraph.  I have the latest version for P3D (just got it this AM after reading your sad story) and I had to check it out for myself.  I moved the navdata out of the Navigraph folder and it worked with the PFD lighting up, etc., but then an instant CTD when entering a flightplan.  Reinstalled the Mustang.  Moved the data back to the Navigraph folder and it worked.  So, think you have to startup P3D and load the Mustang a few times before it works. I am now able to enter a flightplan and it seems to be working great now. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had the same crash/freeze after updating to the 1607 cycle from Navigraph. I have the latest version for P3D (just got it this AM after reading your sad story) and I had to check it out for myself. I moved the navdata out of the Navigraph folder and it worked with the PFD lighting up, etc., but then an instant CTD when entering a flightplan. Reinstalled the Mustang. Moved the data back to the Navigraph folder and it worked. So, think you have to startup P3D and load the Mustang a few times before it works. I am now able to enter a flightplan and it seems to be working great now.

Jim,

So, are you running with 1607 after all that?  Seems a lot to go through. 

Gregg Seipp

That's correct.  The latest and greatest navdata.  I personally would not recommend anyone updating to the latest and just keep the default.  The default is really not that old.  How many years did we run FSX/FS9 w/o any navdata updates.  Then Stefan showed up and made an outstanding product.  I looked at the Citation Mustang for P3D forums and do not see any solutions yet.  I just wanted to jump on board with your topic to say you're not the only one with this issue!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi All

Just an update before I give up trying to fly this plane in P3Dv3.3

Downloaded WAAS Cycle 1606 as an "Update"

Plane now does not crash the system immediately as before.

Proceeds after selection to build database of waypoints every time but then crashes the system before any waypoints load!

A very slight improvement

Locates where the problem is

Probably nothing I can do with my level of technical expertise

However I can fly in FSX so that's OK!

xxd09