Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

FlyTampa St. Maarten V1.8

Hi All,

I purchased, downloaded and installed FlyTampa's St. Maarten V1.8, took off from FLL and flew 3 hours only to approach a bumpy, jagged TNCM. Yes, I should have tested the scenery prior to taking off, but chose to trust its compatibility. Has anyone installed this scenery into P3D  V3? The installer picked the right folder and everything however, the scenery looks to have chunks of land poking out from the runway, and the overall landscape is not as it should be. It seems as if other people are having the same issue (per youtube comments). Also, the uninstall of the scenery is loading but not completing the process (i run an administrator).

Anyone else having this issue? If so, did they find a remedy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, was one of my favorite sceneries in FSX.

All the best,

HM

Amazing what a simple restart, reinstall can do. I jumped the gun on this post. apologies. feel free to delete.

I installed PacSim's RPLL and flew there forgetting to run Vector AEC config. I landed under the Scenery! Whoops!

Eric 

Last week I installed it and had the same issues. Turns out the FlyTampa installer only added the FlyTampa libraries to the Prepar3D scenery library and not the actual St. Maarten scenery.

Curious, can any of you guys fly over to Saba (TNCS).  Bring a STOL plane ha

I have this same scenery, LOVE it, but for some reason Saba's runway is unusable... there are invisible "humps" in it, causing my plane to either hit them and crash or bounce back into the air.  Best way I could describe it visually from the side would be the runway looks flat but my plane acts like its:

"___--___--____--___"

I haven't run into it anywhere else.  I posted on the Fly Tampa support forum but never got a reply.

Otherwise, love the scenery and it is working great in P3D 3.2.

Thanks

Hello

I got the package a few weeks ago.

Checked TNCM, TFFJ and SABA before flying and noticed some elevation problems and terrain anomalies due to other Caribbean packages PW, Traffic360, UTX Caribbean and FTX Vector.

I usually fix these problems by doing a search on each airport I install in my P3D and addon folders. 

(TNCM*.bgl, TFFJ*.bgl, SABA*.bgl and to make sure TNCS*.bgl)

I´m not on my PC, but in this case I disabled all except the FlyTampa specific files.

(Airports and specially AEC bgl's those are usually in the SceneryWorld\Scenery and are 1 kb ).

Allen, Try That

Cheers.

I seem to recall dialing down the mesh resolution fixes this issue, dunno but maybe worth a try

My mesh setting is at 5 to comply with ORBX addons.

The Aero Commander and C182T nicely roll in SABA, but perhaps some other planes jump there.

vector will definitely screw it up and the auto detect will not detect it. SABA will not even show in the list. it requires a bit of hand editing to make it work properly.  

here is a quote from the FTX site that helped me get it sorted:

"

For those having elevation issues with Vector 1.15 and on and if the airport you're having issues with isn't in the list for manually disabling it; Go to your FSX folder and then to the ORBX folder and then to the VECTOR folder; go to the folder VECTOR_APT and open the "scenery" folder, you will see a list of all airports in FSX, go to the airport wich you want to change and copy that file ( for example; ABP_LSZH.bgl ), then go to the folder VECTOR_AEC and open the "scenery" folder and paste the ABP_ file there, now change the name from ABP_ into AEC_ and close everything.

Go to your FTX config tool and open AEC tool, now your airport will be in the list where you can manually disable it and it works."

I installed the software, started up P3D to rebuid the scenery database, then shut it down.  I then ran the orbx airport elevation tool and opened P3D again.  St. Maarten looks great, no issues or anomalies.

Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

Thanks for the great tips guys.  I'll be back at my PC this afternoon, will work through them, I'm sure one of them will fix my SABA problem.

The two planes I've flown down there both had the problem, the RealAir Legacy V2 and the Aerosoft TwinOtter Extended.

I do also run Vector, so very possible that is the problem.  I'll start with a search to clean up the .bgl's and then proceed with the Vector side of things.

Thanks all for the help!

I do also run Vector, so very possible that is the problem. I'll start with a search to clean up the .bgl's and then proceed with the Vector side of things.

I am not on my PC, but I believe vector is the main suspect.

I don't use the tool, I just search for the ICAO and blast dupped AEC's and airport bgl's, If I remember correctly there are 2 or 3 under vectors's folders.

I'll post it tonight.

Here is what I did to get FlyTampa SABA working.

SABAOFFBgls.jpg

Keep all other SABA files undisturbed.

Did the same for St. Maarten TNCM and St. Barts TFFJ

Cheers.

Hi! I have a similar problem but with the ground level of TFFJ. SABA-TFFG and TNCCM work well without problems.Try to solve the uneven terrain using ORBX VECTOR but none of the airports are listed. Look in the list of airports installed on the P3DV4 and appear with the square with the grayed hook. I think they have them locked.Is this the reason why the ORBX VECTOR cannot be used? Using the SLAYER proposal would work?I'd appreciate your help.

10 hours ago, Tarcisio said:

Hi! I have a similar problem but with the ground level of TFFJ. SABA-TFFG and TNCCM work well without problems.Try to solve the uneven terrain using ORBX VECTOR but none of the airports are listed. Look in the list of airports installed on the P3DV4 and appear with the square with the grayed hook. I think they have them locked.Is this the reason why the ORBX VECTOR cannot be used? Using the SLAYER proposal would work?I'd appreciate your help.

Better create a new thread instead of exhuming an old one. Since 2016 there are new FT TNCM versions out, I would not refer to the older versions.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).