Sign in to follow this  
Gunbjo

Uninstalling FSX the wrong way

Hallo,

I think I did a really stupid thing after having changed from win7 to win10. I just deleted the FSX folder because I had some trouble uninstalling the add-ons. The program had problems finding the files.

When trying to reinstall FSX from the DVDs I could only choose "repair" but everything seemed ok until the program was almost at the end.

The last file was "FSX\Licenses\client-issuance-ppd.xrm-ms. Then it seemed to come into a loop.

When clicking on it a small windows appeared asking to "insert the disk". but that wouldn't help.

After that, trying to uninstall FSX with the help of the DVDs I got a failur message "Failed to load DLL: GameuxlinstallHelper. Error x 80040702.

Now, with help of Revo uninstaller I got rid of all FSX files, but the DVDs continue to offer only "repair" so it seems as the DVDs doesn't work any longer..?? I have also cleaned up the register before uninstalling.

Would it help to buy a new program? I am not 100% sure I have done everything in the right order, otherwhise it seems very strange to me.

Thanks in advance for any help

Gunbjo

Run a programme call CC cleaner to clean the registry and then go buy FSX-SE from steam so you never have to deal with serial numbers and DVD's again

its on sale now  

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/85868/  

edit

Also google how uninstall fsx manually to make sure you get all files and folders to delete and then run cc cleaner

ZORAN

or  go the p3d  way

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The App data folders remain, you might want to use windows uninstall program and then give reinstalling a shot .

Best CJ

Quite often when migrating over to Win10 many have found that the Licensing Reset tool needs to be used for FSX.   Normally, FSX shouldn't give any problems in the changeover but in your case, you may want to apply this fix after you have cleaned out the last remnants of FSX.   It is found here and will work for Win10 also.   When you get to the section of Command Prompt, use Command Prompt (Admin).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928080

Thanks a lot for all answers. What Angels suggested seemed to be worth trying, but it didn't work.  I found the prompt and wrote "resetsldl -All".First it answered "Cleaning up Token Store at C:\programdata\Microsoft\SLDL\\Softwarelicensing", but then "Faild to delete the Token Store.  Error--Hresult 80004005". I am the only user so I am the administrator as far as I understand.. Anyone understanding this?

I used CCleaner to clean the register and with Revo uninstaller you can make it check the whole C folder.

I have got the UNINSTALL and REINSTALL manual and it says it's really important to delete all the add-ons too. Will it also apply to the GEX add-ons. They are placed outside FSX in an own folder  and app. so they might not be necessary to delete, I hope. Anyhow I think I'll have to try this.

The p3d is more for the profs ,isn't it?

Yeah, I see the appdatas are left. I also see that there are FSX folders and files in the 64 bit program folder. Why?

Gunbjo

I am not sure about STEAM. I have got only ADSL net and it can be very slow sometimes.

Gunbjo

Gunbjo. Have you run a Repair yet?

Run a repair:

FIRST: locate and Delete the following FSX folders.

► Libraries ► Documents ► Microsoft flight simulator X "FSX"

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Microsoft ► FSX

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► YOU ► AppData ► Roaming ► Microsoft ► FSX

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► YOU ► AppData ► Local ► Microsoft ► FSX

NEXT: Run the CD and click Repair. See what that does

Elaine, just off-topic, can you PM me a link for the tutorial you did on My Traffic 6? Thanks.

Rick, there in my Profile page, any Guide I do I save them in there.

Just click the burd to the left :)

Thanks, Elaine. Burd? I always though she was a classy lady?

Does your Guide principles also apply for FSX-SE?

Thanks Elaine. Yesterday I deleted the remains like you propose. Now I could control that I got it all. I'll try again but as I mentioned earlier I only had the choises to either repair or uninstall.

repair

Yes hit Repair.   It will Reinstall  "Repair" anything that has become corrupt or deleted.

When finished,  Restart your computer  

Does your Guide principles also apply for FSX-SE

Largely Yes,  Regarding MyTraffic 6 and Installing into FSX Steam, its pretty much the same. 

Hi Elaine. Thought as much but cannot get it to show as I once had it working fine.

The issue I think is the MSFS SDK but I do not seem to see anything there like TrafficDatabaseBiuilder.exe to copy/paste into the C:\My Traffic 6\TDDB-Datien folder.

I have done everything else. Maybe your wizardry is once more called upon, if you have the time to spare via a PM/etc?

Thanks, Elaine.

Now I can't even start the InstallShield. I looked in the Microsoft forum and found an issue exact like mine and a solution as well but it didn't work.

There is a folder with all the InstallShields. Is it safe to delete them? I think the dvd is using that folder instead of the folder on the disc. When I tried the Microsoft way the GameuxinstallHelper.dll ended up in the Steamfolder. Running the MSXML.MSI from DVD2 you can't choose where you want to place the content. I have also copied the GameuxinstallHelper into the windows\ SysWOW64 of course, but nothing I have tried will work. Really frustrating. Even if I bought a new program I'm not sure if it will solve the problem. The installShield files are all in GUID code and I guess they are all placed there by the different programs so it should be safe to delete them. Is there any way to translate or get to know which code = FSX?