Sign in to follow this  
qaaya

The right traffic product for me

Hi everyone,

I'm sure the various offline traffic products on offer for FSX  have been discussed ad nauseam On the forums, Both freeware and payware. My situation is quite specific- I use a program called voice attack to bind simulator commands to voice commands because I have limited use of my hands. Therefore, once the aircraft is off the ground it is 100% voice control.

Given the above I am looking for a traffic product for FSX  that minimises the setup I have to do. World of AI is out because of the protracted set up. What I am really looking for is something that I can install once and that will keep me with up-to-date models, repaints and flight plans going forward for my AI And the program handles everything without me having to go searching for repaints and do lots of clicking and installation. I currently run ultimate traffic 2  but this really  isn't kept updated - the last time I played there were aircraft around from airlines that no longer exist!

When reading reviews  the focus tends to be on the hits to frame rates, the new and exciting features, the quality of the models.  what I'm more interested in is

-  is it kept updated?

- does the program handle acquiring new paints models and flightplans  itself?

Is there a product out there that is suitable for my situation?

Thanks for any help!

I don't think there is an AI package for FSX that meets your requirements.   The closest might be MyTraffic 6, which the author still updates and supports.

Even then, new repaints and flight plans usually only happen with major releases, although there might be a few adjustments with minor releases. 

Of course, the advantage is that if an aircraft exits in MT6 you'll have a actual livery for it rather than one of the Daedalus substitutes.

WOAI is probably the most active with new repaints, but doesn't cover as many of the airlines as MT6.  It also, as you are aware requires individual installs.  The advantage is that the model detail is superior to MT6.

Also, even after install MT6 needs a certain degree of user involvement to remove scenery BGLs which might duplicate other add-on scenery.

Ernest Pergrem

I agree.  MyTraffic6a (aka MyTraffic6 Professional) is currently kept up-to-date.  You install (not completely automatic, you have to manually add the product to the scenery.cfg and open up the fsx.cfg and add an entry (all explained during the installation).  Here's a link to a review in German (as the developer is German) - http://www.simflight.de/2015/04/19/erster-eindruck-b-renk-mytraffic-6-professional-fsxp3d/ (your browser should be able to translate it if needed).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you already own UT2, there is basically no need in buying another one. UT2 already offers all you need, with the Powerpack you can easily import any downloaded schedule and using the UT2 Utility you can easily assign new repaints to your flightplans. Yes, it is cumbersome, but there is NO all-in-one AI traffic tool currently available eliminating the need of own work totally.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If you already own UT2, there is basically no need in buying another one. UT2 already offers all you need, with the Powerpack you can easily import any downloaded schedule and using the UT2 Utility you can easily assign new repaints to your flightplans. Yes, it is cumbersome, but there is NO all-in-one AI traffic tool currently available eliminating the need of own work totally.

That won't be easy in this case, because of the need to use voice commands. I'm afraid there is no good solution for this circumstance.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ehm, voice commands? Why? I dont really understand what you mean...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

"I use a program called voice attack to bind simulator commands to voice commands because I have limited use of my hands. Therefore, once the aircraft is off the ground it is 100% voice control."

The OP has limited use of hands, while the UT2 power pack requires a number of steps to complete, for each airline edited/added. something the OP appears to want to avoid.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Picking this back up, I've been using my old UT2 and been trying to get it updated but it's missing so much! I think MyTraffic 6 would work well. I am wondering if anyone can tell me the following. If I get MyTraffic 6 will it come with:

AA aircraft in new colour scheme

United aircraft in the post merger colour scheme

Delta Aircraft in the new colour scheme

FEDEX

UPS

Newer models like 787s

I'm not looking for perfection just something representing roughly how things are at the moment without any glaring omissions.

Thanks!