Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Some images using AS16 and ASCA

That isnt a technical reason? I think thats exactly what the technical reason is.

I was trying to be nice. Technically, for now, there is no way to protect content.

@Afterburner @edpatino - There are so many different variations of clouds and sky that they cannot all be posted. Much like any graphics package - there will be "sets" you like and those you do not like. The ability to mix and match your own is there.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Will it be released by next summer or in december this year sth like that?

Will it be released by next summer or in december this year sth like that?

I'm hoping for today or tomorrow as the pricing is now online.

Can't wait.

Although i'am AS long time customer, i'm not impressed about photos i have seen so far.

I do not know whether it is caused by not fortunate choice of screen shots, or by AS16 inability to recreate real life conditions.

I truly hope that screen shots are the reason...

My question is - will AS16+ASCA work in such way that i do not have to change,adjust or switch anything to have proper visuals ?

I really don't like to chose 'sets' and 'options' here and there. 

Artur 

Artur,

there are many "Art" sets you can choose from in AS16, or even better the "Global Dynamic" theme which adapts itself to the reported and modeled aloft weather.

Apart from these, and in my case something I really find special about AS16, is the way the physical weather effects are enhanced in this new version of AS. Flying next to or even worse - accross - convective clouds can bring you really challenging situations.

Thermal modeling, for those who like to explore soaring in MSFS, has also been improved, and ridge lift as well.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Am i the only one think that the passing through clouds effects looks like passing through smoke ?

Roi Ben

Am i the only one think that the passing through clouds effects looks like passing through smoke ?

It doesn't look that way to me...AS16 + ASCA has changed the look and feel of the weather in FSX-SE for me.

And as Jose said, there's a number of ASCA texture sets to suit different tastes, although I've left ASCA at "Global Dynamic", which injects weather-influenced textures dynamically during the flight with no popping or pauses here.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

It doesn't look that way to me...AS16 + ASCA has changed the look and feel of the weather in FSX-SE for me.

And as Jose said, there's a number of ASCA texture sets to suit different tastes, although I've left ASCA at "Global Dynamic", which injects weather-influenced textures dynamically during the flight with no popping or pauses here.

You got it wrong. Passing through cloud effect is completely as16 effect not related at all to asca

Roi Ben

One thing that always bugged me about flying through clouds is that when you flew through one, while having an exterior camera active, the clouds didn't render as such.  The camera view showed your aircraft in such a way that the clouds went around the aircraft, which seemed unrealistic.  I do however, love how ASN shows the clouds while you are in the vc, while flying through them, as they do seem more real.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Is there the 'wing fade' effect or whatever it was called from ASN working in AS16 with P3D now? As it was amazing in FSX then P3D wasn't a smooth possible fade as much I think according to the developer - if this is working and combined with other features I may get AS16 just now to go with REX soft clouds then maybe upgrade to ASCA later on when there are more reviews/ videos etc.

People saying this is a bit steep keep in mind other than your sim there is nothing you will use more than your weather engine. Buy 1 PMDG aircraft and 3 scenerys in 1 year and you won't use anyone of them as much as you will use the weather engine so if you can drop 30$ on a single airport scenery you can't complain that a weather engine is too much. Just my 2 cents.

Richie Walsh

A question that I haven't been able to find around: will thunderstorms in AS16 be ONLY where there are CB clouds? In ASN I often get lightnings from small cumulus clouds!

Thanks.

James Goggi

Hi Diana,

I appreciate your reaching out to forum members for their feedback and constructive criticism on the two upcoming products AS2016 and ASCA.

Personally, I wish a more pronounced focus on creating realistic sky colors at all altitudes and day times by ASCA. For example, let's look at the following product image that you have posted:

1.jpg

The colors might look "dramatic" here and appeal to some simmers, but to be honest, I have never, ever seen such colorization of skies in the real world. While the "yellowish orange" might look OK on the left side, the top-right side is too dark and "black" in my opinion. I remember that this problem persisted with some textures offered in AS2012. And even when sunset sky colors looked more realistic, I had instances where the sky literally started looking like mud half an hour later, which was an immersion killer. Here are some examples taken from the real world on how the sky colors should look like during a sunset:

s2rxj6.jpg

1ig1e0.jpg

As you can see, the sky retains a blueish complexion until the night sets in. Too often I have seen screenshots of FSX/P3D with absolute unrealistic fantasy colors, such as this one:

cd19.jpg

I hope that this advice will be taken for the benefit of the quality of your product.

Hi there, 

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. Yes I can agree some sky colors are more unnatural than others, something I can work on definitely! We do have various sets in ASCA on which some are more natural than others.  :smile: We do plan on a comprehensive free update that includes more content. Your feedback and everyone else's here is very important to me. I want to incorporate aspects the community would like to see more of. 

• Upvote 2

Diana Lopez

Creative Media Designer

"High-Fidelity Simulation Technologies"

Is there the 'wing fade' effect or whatever it was called from ASN working in AS16 with P3D now? As it was amazing in FSX then P3D wasn't a smooth possible fade as much I think according to the developer - if this is working and combined with other features I may get AS16 just now to go with REX soft clouds then maybe upgrade to ASCA later on when there are more reviews/ videos etc.

Yes, it is working beautifully!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Although i'am AS long time customer, i'm not impressed about photos i have seen so far.

I do not know whether it is caused by not fortunate choice of screen shots, or by AS16 inability to recreate real life conditions.

I truly hope that screen shots are the reason...

My question is - will AS16+ASCA work in such way that i do not have to change,adjust or switch anything to have proper visuals ?

I really don't like to chose 'sets' and 'options' here and there. 

I am with you, on both accounts !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam