Sign in to follow this  
RaptorKeeper9911

FPS Problems With the Phenom 300

I just bought the jet last night and have been looking forward to flying it. The problem is my frame rate is from 0.9fps-3.0fps. I have the copilot screen off, so that's my 3 fps. My config file is barely touched. Only with a few adjustments to certain areas that are in this link (link removed by admin).  I have Orbx Global and vector, also I have Rex texture Direct and Soft Cloud. Plus some freeware scenery. For my rig I have a 4790k processor. EVGA 970 graphics card. 16GB of ram. I feel like I should try and get my money back so the wife wont be too mad that i bought a plane that I cant fly. So can anyone help me with this, or have a suggestion as to what I should do? Thanks in advanced.

Edited by Jim Young
link removed

Hi,

I have had this a/c for quite a while & the frame rates are not an issue. Depending where I fly I am getting well above 30 on avg. I kind of stay away from socal at present orbyx oom issues. But my fps are okay in that area.I guess I could move my sliders to a much lower setting to avoid the oom but I don't.My rig is similar to yours except that I do not have Vector installed & I have a 980ti card& 32GB system ram I would try disabling everything in vector except the roads My 4790 is overclocked to 4.6ghz.You should be able to achieve much better frame rates with your system.Oh by the way I don't have any tweaks in my p3dv3 cfg file. Try going with a stock cfg file & see what happens. From experience I have tried tweaks & my sim seems to run much better without them.

Ron

Some users have reported that the Carenavigraph.dll file in the FSX/P3D folder greatly affects performance.

Try adding  .off  to the file name as a test.

Bert

Also try  with a stock cfg file.Moving the slider to really low settings  shouldn't be required. Mine are about 3/4 to the right on everything.

I moved all the sliders down to pretty much nothing and i manged to get 6fps now. I'll try disabling everything in vector and give an update.

That's pretty much impossible and something major is wrong with your computer or your installation.  The link you provided was removed as that guide is not allowed here (member was banned) and his settings are pretty much out of sight.  Even he admitted some of his settings are way too high. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

ahhh gotcha. I use to have the venetubo cfg file with tweaks in it. Ive gone back to my Original cfg file. I might end up re-downloading the plane again. It does take a few mins for it to show up after i select the aircraft on the main free flight page.

We have an excellent review of the Phenom 300 done by our reviewer, Ray Marshall and he did not indicate any issues like you are reporting.  Tweaks, like those that came from Venetubo are really not needed today and your system is a little bit more powerful than mine.  There are many YouTube tutorials on how to fly this aircraft and set it up too and they indicate no problems.  In fact, mostly the opposite.  High settings are not needed for awesome graphics for this aircraft.  Check out the review and some of the great tutorials or flights with this aircraft.  Is it perfect?  No.  Like the Phenom 100, they will soon be upgrading this aircraft to 2.0 too but it still won't be "perfect" or really frame rate friendly.  It will all depend on what else you loaded and what you are flying over plus your fsx/p3d.cfg settings.  Are you using it in P3D or FSX? 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've checked out the tutorials and how to start up, plus flights in the plane all done by FS Mania on youtube, which made my decision to buy it. Im on fsx. I've taken out the venetubo and put back the original cfg file. I just re-downloaded the plane and still getting 3fps with the engines running. When I go to cold and dark I get 6fps. I'm still going to see what I can do to fix it.. I have orbx global &vector, Rex text direct and soft clouds. 

Check your main FSX folder and see if you can find a Carenavigraph.dll file in it.

Use search..

If you find it, add .off to the name as a test.

Bert

Carenavigraph.dll.off  WORKED!!!. thank you Bert. Im now getting my 30fps. Going to up the sliders a bit. I'm happier than a fat kid at a candy store. I've had aout a 6pack while trying to figure this out lol

Glad you got it working.

I have no problems with using Caranavigraph.dll, so I'm curious.

If you right click on carenavigraph.dll and select properties -> General; does it say  Unblock at the bottom?

No it doesn't say unblock anywhere.

Ok, thanks for looking.

Still curious as to why some users are having problems with that dll.