Sign in to follow this  
RaptorKeeper9911

FPS Problems With the Phenom 300

Once you renamed it to .off it became an unknown file type to the FS, so it would not know how to open it or associate it with a program.

Renaming it to .dll would turn it back to a Dynamic Link Library, then right clicking on it  and choosing properties would show the Unblock Button (if in fact the file was blocked by the OS during download, or more properly the ZIP file downloaded from Carenado)

Thanks for looking.

Took the (.off) off of it. Still got no unblock button anywhere.

Thanks again.

There goes one theory.

Sometimes the OS/FS places some security flags on downloaded files (zip, exe, etc) to protect the system from potentially harmful files that came from the internet  There are 3 levels low, med, high; the latter 2 cause a security prompt when you try to access them, and high won't run. But the low level ones don't.So when you unzip and execute the installer causes all unzipped files to inherit those security flags.  winch can prevent proper functioning like access or writing to them.

Carenavigraph.dll.off  WORKED!!!. thank you Bert. Im now getting my 30fps. Going to up the sliders a bit. I'm happier than a fat kid at a candy store. I've had aout a 6pack while trying to figure this out lol

:P

Bert

Carenavigraph.dll.off  WORKED!!!. thank you Bert. Im now getting my 30fps. Going to up the sliders a bit. I'm happier than a fat kid at a candy store. I've had aout a 6pack while trying to figure this out lol

But, but, you have no navdata if you turn that .dll off!  The aircraft is completely useless w/o navdata.  I found absolutely no change to my frame rates or the amount of VAS with this change.  This indicates to me you do not have Navigraph installed properly as the system cannot find the files it needs.  Do you have the carenavigraph.db in the CarenadoNavigraph folder? 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Then your navdata should have been installed properly.  Your dll.xml should have an entry in it to load the carenavigraph.dll at startup.  If you don't want any navdata or you want to install the $50 GTN 750 instead, then you should remove the entry from the dll.xml (if it is there).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

theres no entry in the dll.xml. im re-downlaoding the navigraph extension. maybe it was a corrupt download

The following topic will explain that the Phenom300 will not install into P3Dv3 so I explained how to do it in the following topic - http://www.avsim.com/topic/475719-prepar3d-version-3/.  It also shows the required entry for the dll.xml. 

Since it will install into P3Dv2, some have created a folder called P3Dv2 and then instructed the installer there (same goes with the Navigraph Extension).  Then they move the files over to the folders in V3.  It will create a dll.xml in a folder in your Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3Dv2 folder.  You just need to copy and paste the entry into the one in the V3 folder.  It will be updated when v2.0 of the Phenom 300 is released.  Meanwhile, everyone needs to do some manual installation.

EDIT:  Forgot to add, you can also rename the P3Dv3 folder to P3Dv2.  Then it should install properly into that folder.  After installation, you can rename it back to P3Dv3.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Ah!  Okay!  It should have installed properly.  Still, if you rename that dll, you will not have any navdata unless you buy the GTN750.

Submit News to AVSIM

my frame rate is from 0.9fps-3.0fps.

I bought the plane shortly after it was released and had exactly the same problem. I reported it to Carenado and it was resolved in one of the updates from version 1.0. Have you verified that you have the latest version running? If yes, I suggest to open a ticket with Carenado.

Peter

i have made a fresh install of p3d and now v3.3.5, and now i can make a DEP from the takeoff runway but is 0.5 fr rate and stranded op here and read this solution but... when i sett the file to Carenavigraph.off  (.dll i don't see because i have show extensions not enabled) again the phenom not seeing the navdata and can't choose anything. but loads very smooth and frame rates no problem.

only when i set it back normal again, it is seeing the navdata but again very laggy. so am running out  of options....

ps

i also saw when i looked ad task manager where P3D was booting up the phenom, and shows there like"prepar3d sceneario startup". whits takes a  minute or so and shows an old DOS window as an icoon. while normaly shouls show the p3d icon.

whiteout this problem it boots in 7 seconds and shows the phenom cockpit.

so ... it loads some scenery ???

could i not be that it loads the phenom a second time whits can explain the lag i am having ?

i think this is not supposed to be ?

maybe somebody else saw this...