Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Active Sky 2016 and Active Sky Cloud Art (AS16 & ASCA) Preview Screenshots.

Hi folks,

The NDA has been lifted, here are a few pics from the soon to be released AS16 & ASCA.  Users will be amazed at how the new cloud formations will make them feel like they are actually flying in huge voluminous cloudscapes.  HiFi has really improved on the flight sim immersion factor.  These are my personal pics with my personal settings, appearance will depend on your own Prepar3D HDR settings.  Hope you enjoy them.

Robert

Screenshot%202016-07-03%2008.39.09_zpshk

Screenshot%202016-06-30%2009.25.36_zpsft

Screenshot%202016-07-03%2008.23.28_zpsq4

Screenshot%202016-06-30%2009.26.24_zpstl

Screenshot%202016-06-30%2009.31.21_zps1i

Screenshot%202016-07-03%2008.07.38_zps5c

Screenshot%202016-07-03%2008.12.01_zpsko

Screenshot%202016-07-03%2008.23.28_zpsq4

Screenshot%202016-07-03%2008.24.44_zpszf

Link to Active Sky 2016   http://www.hifisimtech.com/as16/

Link to Active Sky Cloud Art   http://www.hifisimtech.com/asca/

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

Are you noticing any visible impact on performance Robert?

Hi David,

I am using a 40" LG display set to 3840x2160.  The impact on performance when using 4096x4096 textures is always a good test, flying into heavy weather with the default 5 layers of cloud does present a bit of a load on the GPU but it is hardly noticeable.  When scaled back to 2048 (DXT) the sim runs smoothly except when loading terrain and other details not related to weather.

Jose,

Being a dynamic set of cloud models we are now seeing what we have never experienced before in flight simulation.  With AS16 and ASCA running in conjunction with one another users will now experience a truly dynamic weather system.  Users will no longer have to restart their sim to change textures or themes as the programs work together to do that for them automatically.

Watch for a free 7 day trial once the applications are released.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi, I use ASN on a 10 years old laptop with Win XP, networked with my FS computer and up to now ASN has always worked flawlessly. Will I have problems running AS16+ASCA on that laptop? Thanks.

James Goggi

I wish someone could implement light reflections from aircrafts when passing through clouds at night - such as Sky Maxx Pro v3 in X-Plane.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi, I use ASN on a 10 years old laptop with Win XP, networked with my FS computer and up to now ASN has always worked flawlessly. Will I have problems running AS16+ASCA on that laptop? Thanks.

No problems, here running AS16+ASCA on a laptop with Vista

Hi Robert,

Nice screen shots of this AS16 product................a well kept secret! I like the idea of the dynamic weather textures changing during a flight, how cool!

Are you able to tell me if the weather radar in PMDG products, which requires AS2012 to draw a weather return has been tested with this new product and will it still work? I ask as many of us fly PMDG products, so it would be good to know in advance.

Thanks.

Happy Flying,

David Phillips.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Are you able to tell me if the weather radar in PMDG products, which requires AS2012 to draw a weather return has been tested with this new product and will it still work? I ask as many of us fly PMDG products, so it would be good to know in advance.

Yes and yes. The PMDG weather radar works perfectly with AS16.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I have had all of their products and love them. Can't wait for this product too.

Richie Walsh

I wish someone could implement light reflections from aircrafts when passing through clouds at night - such as Sky Maxx Pro v3 in X-Plane.

That's something I would love to see as well.  There are limitations as to what can be done due to the difference in graphic structure's between X-Plane and FSX/P3D.

\Robert Hamlich/

Yes and yes. The PMDG weather radar works perfectly with AS16.

Thanks for the reply............Now I am looking forward to seeing this when it comes out.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.