Sign in to follow this  
Tbur

After using AFE Flaps and Gear cannot be moved manually

Hi,

possibly I make some mistakes, please help:

After using AFE for T/O, climb and cruise for a while sometimes I need to gain full manual control over the aircraft for example when I travel through alpine valleys  in Switzerland to make a landing at LSZS Rwy 03 (5600 ft)  coming from south via Julier Pass . So I need to slow down the aircraft to about 120-130 knots in 9000 ft and manually setting flaps to 20 or 30 to get around the steep curves.. But no movement of flaps and later on gear for landing  is possible. The levers move but no reaction !

What I'm doing wrong ?

When I wake up the AFE with the "In Range" workflow and set him to sleep again after finishing his work flow then full control is available and everything is fine (????).

The AFE is not helpfull in this situation. You have to maneuver through very narrow valleys with sharp curves.

For example the Super constellation flyers association's L1049  (http://www.superconstellation.org/index.php/en/) fly this route once or twice a year !

Thanks for help.

Thomas Burchard

Germany

What I'm doing wrong ?

Not re-enabling the hydraulics by turning off the hydraulic bypass.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks a lot !

What I guessed it was my mistake !

Best regards

Thomas