Sign in to follow this  
bartgast

Blurry texts and menu's

Good day, 

I have been using X-plane for a month now and I really like it, but when I turned on my PC today and booted up X-Plane.

What I saw instantly is that the texts and menus looked like they had a really low resolution...

When the sim loaded everything looked fuzzy and i got a headache of it!

Is this a common problem? 

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

No - It is NOT a common problem... at least, in my experience.

I suggest that you do a complete reboot (cold start) of your system and see what happens.  It sounds like something in your video card's drivers didn't load.

After trying this,  if you are still having problems, please provide us with a description of your system and a copy of your log.txt file, which is found in your main X-Plane folder.

John

• Upvote 1

John Wingold

No - It is NOT a common problem... at least, in my experience.

I suggest that you do a complete reboot (cold start) of your system and see what happens.  It sounds like something in your video card's drivers didn't load.

After trying this,  if you are still having problems, please provide us with a description of your system and a copy of your log.txt file, which is found in your main X-Plane folder.

John

I rebooted and it is fixed! Thank you very much!

Reboot. I really enjoy this low level troubleshooting which only exists in flight simulation forums.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Reboot. I really enjoy this low level troubleshooting which only exists in flight simulation forums.

I actually rebooted before he said it, so yeah

Reminds me of:

giphy.gif

As is often the case, it works :-)

Reminds me of:

giphy.gif

As is often the case, it works :-)

I may look dumb, I tried it already and it didnt work.....

When Old_As_Dirt told me to do it, I just rebooted it again and it suddenly did work...

Guys - Come on now.

At the risk of being berated myself for coming to a fellow simmer's defense, I will state the following:

There is not one of us who has, at one time or another, overlooked the obvious.

No, this was not a technical issue, but sometimes when we are presented with a problem, when there has been none in the past, we just assume that it is a "program bug" and go "buggy" trying to solve it.

I personally applaud "bartgast" for coming to us with his problem rather than bashing X-Plane as some have.

John 

John Wingold

Guys - Come on now.

At the risk of being berated myself for coming to a fellow simmer's defense, I will state the following:

There is not one of us who has, at one time or another, overlooked the obvious.

No, this was not a technical issue, but sometimes when we are presented with a problem, when there has been none in the past, we just assume that it is a "program bug" and go "buggy" trying to solve it.

I personally applaud "bartgast" for coming to us with his problem rather than bashing X-Plane as some have.

John 

Very well said.... I am not stupid when I've learned all the systems of the 737NG at the age of 10, using the REAL manuals! 

• Upvote 1