Sign in to follow this  
jordanpowell101

PMDG 777 LOW FUEL QTY

Hey all, so I was doing a route from RKSI to KJFK and I noticed like 6 or so hours into the flight a Low Fuel QTY message pop up on the EICAS screen. I turned off all fuel pumps and put on the center ones. I dont know if i did that right or whar to do in that situation. The L and R fuel tanks were low, like 1.3 and 0.7 but the center tank had like 82.3 in it so i know there is fuel. What should I do?

What should I do?

You need to burn fuel out of the center first, and then the wings. So, next time, depart with all pumps on. This will pull fuel out of the center. You will then turn those off when the center tanks get low in order to burn fuel from the wings.

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

You need to burn fuel out of the center first, and then the wings. So, next time, depart with all pumps on. This will pull fuel out of the center. You will then turn those off when the center tanks get low in order to burn fuel from the wings.

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

sorrry im new to this. But since Im over the arctic and cant land, what i did do, is that fine?

sorrry im new to this.

It's okay - fly the tutorials first to get used to things.

One comes with the plane. The second one is on the downloads page of our website.

But since Im over the arctic and cant land, what i did do, is that fine?

Burning the wing fuel off before the center fuel is actually a pretty bad situation to be in. I can't remember 777 specifics at the moment, but I think if you just put the center pumps on, you should be mostly fine.

Kyle Rodgers

It's okay - fly the tutorials first to get used to things.

One comes with the plane. The second one is on the downloads page of our website.

Burning the wing fuel off before the center fuel is actually a pretty bad situation to be in. I can't remember 777 specifics at the moment, but I think if you just put the center pumps on, you should be mostly fine.

Ok thankss my fuel seems stable now! Sorry lol one more thing while im here i guess, When I was on the ground at RKSI I had turned on the APU etc, and when I started the engines and turned off the apu, i lost all power so i got scared and turned it back on and never turned it off. See im a pro at the NGX and I know it inside out and I know in the ngx you put the bus switches on or something and turn apu off and apu bleed off, but this sooo different and im afraid to turn off the apu again

See im a pro at the NGX and I know it inside out and I know in the ngx you put the bus switches on or something and turn apu off and apu bleed off, but this sooo different and im afraid to turn off the apu again

My guess is that you went to manually adjust the power from the APU to the engines. This whole process is automatic, and will configure on its own if you leave it alone (provided the switches were left alone prior to that point).

You might think you're a pro with the NGX, but that doesn't mean you should skip over the tutorials of the 777. The 777 isn't a big 737, which even the Intro Manual has an entire section about (which you should probably read).

EDIT: The fuel schedule of the NG is the same as the 777 - center first, and then wings - so I'm curious as to the 'pro' label you've used.

Kyle Rodgers

The fuel schedule of the NG is the same as the 777 - center first, and then wings - so I'm curious as to the 'pro' label you've used.

Oh really? Hmm, its just ive been flying the NG for about a year and I never had to edit the fuel pumps mid flight, I just do the Left FWD Fuel Pump to start APU and then put them all on to start the Engines.

Oh really? Hmm, its just ive been flying the NG for about a year and I never had to edit the fuel pumps mid flight, I just do the Left FWD Fuel Pump to start APU and then put them all on to start the Engines.

Yep. You still have a lot to learn on both, honestly.

Kyle Rodgers