Sign in to follow this  
cgueiros

Boeing 907-400 Concept Private Jet

Could someone who has installed this FS2004 aircraft assist his inexperienced operator in getting it ready?Am somewhat familiar with installation as I have a couple of dozen of aircraft added, but this must be my error in failing to get this aircraft going.I use Addit-Pro to check for problems in my fleet and in this case I get the following:- The aircraft configuration file's 'sim=' entry points to a file that does not exist. The file 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftBoeing 907-400Boeing 907-400.air' was not found.- The aircraft's model configuration file specifies a model file that does not exist. The file 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftBoeing 907-400ModelHE-B03.mdl' was not found.- The aircraft's kneeboard reference list does not exist. The file 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftBoeing 907-400B02Ref.htm' was not found.Have tried to rename the existsing .air and .mdl files to correct this apparent distortion and have also deleted all files and downloaded again to correct any possible distortion, to no avail.Any assistance would be much appreciated, as I do not have the e-mail or web page which could direct me to the author Seth Rogers.Thanks a lot,Clarindo

I suspect that Seth Rosen is a bit of a newcomer to the modelling game. Good for him, as we all have to start somewhere (and I haven't even started yet) but his creations to date would benefit from a touch of refinement, one might say. If you have seen "the largest plane in the world, Boeing's answer to the Airbus 380" by the same author, you may interpret my meaning.But long live freeware! I love it all!MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Clarindo ,Hang in there for a while. You can fix the airfile problem by correcting the sim= parameter in the aircraft.cfg file to match the airfile name but even then once you try to load it there is an "unable to display visual model" error. I'm sure the designer is well meaning but to much in a hurry to "get it out the door". I would imagine a fix will be along shortly.JimBob"Master of the Sr. Moment"Well now that I read all of your message more carefully I can use your add-it utility error msgs. to steer me to the fixes !!!! See I told you Master of the Sr. MomentJimBob

Thanks a lot, Mark. It sure is good to have enthusiasts working on and passing along their work.Will be on the lookout for an eventual fix, assuming that it is not my inability or error to have it properly installed.Appreciate your assistance and information.

Thanks to you, JimBob for the prompt response, which is highly appreciated.Will be alert on eventual fix-up file for this aircraft, which I would much live to have flying.And my congratulations to the author's effort to assist users like me with their creative effort.Best of luck,

Not sure if you have this plane up and running yet, but I noticed you said that you changed the file names of the .air and .mdl. I went in and changed the cfg files on both to match the file names that were already there. This worked for me and was able to fly the plane. Not sure what the kneeboard error is all about. Glenn

Thanks a lot, Glenn. And I would say: "Elementary, dear Glenn"That is what I tried to do, renaming HE-BO3 to Bo907, for instance, so adjusting the .cfg files to whatever the downloaded .air and .mdl files were.It so happened that I had a typo from Zero to letter O which possibly is the reason I couldnt get it to appear in the list and fly with it.Your message assured me I was on the right track and correcting the typo I now have this aircraft up and running.Thanks a million, and all the best.Let us hope this information may be useful to others interested in this aircraft.