Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS 2 Videos

Nope, I don't think so, but it's still WIP.

But I can tell you that an Airbus in Aerofly FS2 feels a lot more like an Airbus than in FSX, or X-Plane...

I was noticing that. The heavies in Aerofly really do feel...... heavy.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Exactly Devon...

In FSX and in X-Plane, most of the time they feel too plastic... Specially in FSX - even the best airliner add-ons. This is particularly evident when they start massaging the FDM with their own code, through gauge or other forms of external programming.

I remember a recent approach to EDDF 07 R, in a TAP A320.  The captain is a friend from the soaring activities, and I jumpseated from LPPT takeoff to EDDF arrival at gate :-)

It was remarkable the sensation of inertia yo can notice in the A320. They were flying manually, and throttle was also being manually controlled, and, indeed it feels a lot like the sensation of an approach in the Aerofly FS 2 Airbus.

The FBW is of course still there, down to the blending height bellow which, it reverts to direct law, but there is still a good feel of inertia, and Aerofly replicates that beautifully.

That was also the feel I got out of the 1hr session on the LevelD A319/20/21 sim, and experience recorded forever in all of it's details in my ROM....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I like the UFO Easter egg. How does Area 51 look in it self?

I like the UFO Easter egg. How does Area 51 look in it self?

Its one of the lower resolution areas so the ground textures are rather bland. There is a standard, nondescript military base there, made interesting primarily by the fact of some extras like a crashed UFO and the set where the moon landings were faked, among others.......

Found on the web: Though I must admit I have never ever understood people who set up the course etc then put the plane on auto and go have a nap. That sort of thing has kept me away from tube-liners for years. Now, I'm slightly tempted to give it a shot, but not on (insert Anglo Saxon cusses here) autopilot!!!

Sion to Zurich with Boeing 737-500. Autopilot landing, was very bumpy.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't think the A/P in the default Aerofly 737 presently available is already tuned to perform a cat3 autoland... The rest of the flight ooks nice !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Cool videos :)

As for the autopilot, i do 1 hour flights usually. Once it's active i just look around the plane all the time, or at the instruments too :P

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Another VR video:

Devons rig

In the Sion to Zurich with Boeing 737-500 video I noticed a lot of Z fighting graphic problems in the mountains and jerky, slower fps in heavy areas - is this common with this sim?

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

In the Sion to Zurich with Boeing 737-500 video I noticed a lot of Z fighting graphic problems in the mountains and jerky, slower fps in heavy areas - is this common with this sim?[/size]

He apparently has a slow graphics card. I once did a thread on how I always felt very fortunate when I saw what other people had to put up with every day......

Anyway, yes there can be z-fighting, where clouds intersect mountains especially, but it doesn't happen often enough or noticeably enough to be an issue for me. I'm far more distracted by the buildings flickering in x-plane.

Devons rig

Thanks, also does this sim take advantage of SLI?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, also does this sim take advantage of SLI?

Nope, that has to come from the Cardmaker. It hardly needs it though. I keep my fps locked at 60 right now because why not, but I easily get 120fps rock steady with ultra settings and flashes of up to 200fps.

This sim is nearly as quick as Outerra.

Have you ever seen any of Rob Ainscoughs Aerofly Videos? It pretty much shows what to expect on a good system. He fly's at some outrageous resolutions though, and had to compress the heck out of the videos to keep them a reasonably sane size. (best watched in full screen)

Devons rig

Something that the videos sometimes can't show is the "feel" of the aircraft, even being a pre-release and defaut models, with many features still lacking in the systems area.

But still, Aerofly FS 2 provides excellent flight dynamics, and a very good hint of what may become a very good weather model as well if it extends from what is already available.

The developers are about to make available an SDK, and thy're oppen to suggestions. We just have to consider they're a small team, and don't expect that all of our wants can be satisfied right away!

The potential is there!

Main Simulation Rig:

Something that the videos sometimes can't show is the "feel" of the aircraft, even being a pre-release and defaut models, with many features still lacking in the systems area.

But still, Aerofly FS 2 provides excellent flight dynamics, and a very good hint of what may become a very good weather model as well if it extends from what is already available.

The developers are about to make available an SDK, and thy're oppen to suggestions. We just have to consider they're a small team, and don't expect that all of our wants can be satisfied right away!

The potential is there!

The SDK is partially available, and being looked at, in a few places, I believe.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/aerofly-fs-2-sdk.437762/

Plus other things that will probably become available: 

http://www.aerofly-sim.de/

12401000_996475243778720_502828398402610

11053257_900089803417265_462808720849157

12039161_900089883417257_601541509942627

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Thx Devon,

precious link!  Sometimes I forget to poll FsDev's site...

Main Simulation Rig:

• Upvote 1

Devons rig