Sign in to follow this  
jordanpowell101

[POLL] Project Airbus or Aerosoft

Where is the "Poll"?

+1. Aerosoft wins by several thousand nautical miles in my books.

No argument here. Aerosoft's by a huge difference. And FSLabs's when it's out, hopefully by the same margin :P

• Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have both and after switching to a new PC I am back to the drawing board on being able to get the throttles to work on my new PC with the Aerosoft A320.  So for now it's Project Airbus at this point Aerosoft will not assist in helping they continue to point to the Joystick config utility which I tried and reported as part of the beta I could not get to work. Unfortunately I have this nice add-on I cannot fly :(

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Used PA for aaaaaages, then bought Aerosoft's A320/321. Never even touched the PA since - it's a great freeware model but it doesn't have the depth of the Aerosoft aircraft - which is just about spot on for me. Yes the FSLabs A320 will/may be more comprehensive but Aerosoft have struck just the right level with the A320 for me. My only word of warning is that if you do buy it be prepared to spend money on flight planners and AIRAC data as well, otherwise you'll end up getting frustrated (at least I did).

Aerosoft will not assist in helping they continue to point to the Joystick config utility which I tried and reported as part of the beta I could not get to work.

I'm a Beta Tester for this aircraft and provide technical support as well.  What I can tell you is that you are one of a very small percentage (actually, the only person I personally know of) in an impressively large number of people who have purchased and use this aircraft who have a problem with the throttles. We have problems initially, but not since (I believe) the Version 1.30.  The current version is 1.31.

However, we'd like to see you enjoying the aircraft, even if the issue is on your system (it's not the aircraft software). What I recommend is you put in a support ticket to see if we can resolve this matter.

My only word of warning is that if you do buy it be prepared to spend money on flight planners and AIRAC data as well, otherwise you'll end up getting frustrated (at least I did).

Sir,

I regret that I must take exception to your word of warning.

Every single intermediate level airliner in flight simulation with an FMS has the capability to have the navigation data updated.  It's a capability, but it is never necessary to update the navdata to use the aircraft (or the many others with this capability).  It's strictly up to the customer if they choose to update the navdata.  This being the case, I just don't understand why you would "warn" someone about this, and worse it puts a tremendously unwarranted negative connotation on an excellent aircraft.

Since the navdata update is not required (and all other intermediate aircraft have the same capabilty), I have a difficult time understanding why you might be frustrated.  Perhaps you misunderstood that the navdata did not mandate being updated?

At any rate, I would be happy to help gain a better understanding of the navdata, but I would also ask that you kindly consider amending your remarks.

My very best, sincere wishes to the both of you.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm a Beta Tester for this aircraft and provide technical support as well. What I can tell you is that you are one of a very small percentage (actually, the only person I personally know of) in an impressively large number of people who have purchased and use this aircraft who have a problem with the throttles. We have problems initially, but not since (I believe) the Version 1.30. The current version is 1.31.

However, we'd like to see you enjoying the aircraft, even if the issue is on your system (it's not the aircraft software). What I recommend is you put in a support ticket to see if we can resolve this matter.

Thank you I will open up another ticket and see what they can do I would love to be flying this aircraft.

Thanks

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Spot-on, Dave. Well stated. I have the very same Aerosoft Airbus 318-321 range, use Navigraph of my own choice, and am more than satisfied. It's a plane that is a joy to fly.

• Upvote 1

I recently purchased the Aerosoft Airbus A318-321 bundle. I am a Boeing guy, but purchased it to open up more routes for me with BA Virtual.

Very happy, looks good and not a bad price. Especially as it came with the automated checklists and automated co-pilot option.

Also on the Aeroosft forums there seems to be a bunch of add-on's like extra liveries to download.

The Aerosoft Airbus wins this hands down. I don't understand the point of this thread.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Sir,

I regret that I must take exception to your word of warning.

Every single intermediate level airliner in flight simulation with an FMS has the capability to have the navigation data updated.  It's a capability, but it is never necessary to update the navdata to use the aircraft (or the many others with this capability).  It's strictly up to the customer if they choose to update the navdata.  This being the case, I just don't understand why you would "warn" someone about this, and worse it puts a tremendously unwarranted negative connotation on an excellent aircraft.

Since the navdata update is not required (and all other intermediate aircraft have the same capabilty), I have a difficult time understanding why you might be frustrated.  Perhaps you misunderstood that the navdata did not mandate being updated?

At any rate, I would be happy to help gain a better understanding of the navdata, but I would also ask that you kindly consider amending your remarks.

My very best, sincere wishes to the both of you.

Fair point - maybe point of note, or word of advice would have been better. No negative connotations were meant as it's an excellent product.

I understand entirely what you've said about the AIRAC data. It's nothing to do with not actually needing to update it; let me try to expand the sequence of events I went through (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

1. Purchase AS A320. At that point I have no flight planners or extra AIRAC data.

2. Realise that the online flight planners don't really cut the mustard, nor does the bundled one.

3. Purchase a flight planner (in my case PFPX).

4. Realise quite quickly that PFPX and the A320 are not using the same cycle of AIRAC data from NavDataPro (so I'm getting differences in STARs etc), and that I can't push the A320 cycle to PFPX or vice versa to get them to match.

5. Buy a single cycle of NavDataPro to put into PFPX and the A320 so that they match.

6. Realise that I also need approach charts that are in line with those AIRAC cycles.

7. Ditch the single NavDataPro cycle for a monthly Navigraph subscription so that the 3 things that use AIRAC data (aircraft, planner and approach charts) are all working from the same source of AIRAC data.

And FSLabs's when it's out, hopefully by the same margin

No  doubt  it  will be:0  when it  comes  out  hopefully  very soon

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg