Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IXEG 737 sound issue

When I first got the jet the thing would rumble in the VC when I throttled up it was amazing now all I hear is the turbine fans and other sounds like ground roll ect. When in the outside view behind the plane you would hear a deep rumble but now it's just like a light breeze. I haven't messed with any settings and I tried reinstalling it but no change. In Xplanes sound dialog it shows openalsoft as curret sound driver,is this normal? Im using a realtek system for sound and have never heard of openAL I'm not really sure what caused this,any ideas?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Have you tried rebooting your pc?

Most of the time rebooting does fix glitches.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Same issue here, I never did resolve the issue unfortunately. Carlos is correct in my case, often a full reboot seems to fix it, but only momentarily. It's a pity, as the sounds of the engines roaring are one of the best parts of takeoff. I haven't installed the last two updates, so it's possible they now fixed it.

I get it occasionally too.  I think it may be a plug-in incompatibility?

I (temporarily) removed Soundmaxx and the Python plug ins, and I got extra switch and other sounds in the IXEG that I hadn't previously known were even there!  :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I (temporarily) removed Soundmaxx and the Python plug ins, and I got extra switch and other sounds in the IXEG that I hadn't previously known were even there! 

Interesting...although I haven't experienced any sound issues so far and I've been flying only IXEG's 737 since it was out, I will try that as I have the same plug-in's installed. .

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I rebooted but still missing the good sounds,going to try removing plugins

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I removed Ground Handling and TugMaster by JAR design. Resolved all sound issues as well as several others not related to the 733. Those two plugins just seem to cause so many headaches. A shame really because TugMaster is so useful but so inconsistent in my experience. One flight everything works fine, the next the truck is doing whatever it feels like.

• Upvote 1

I removed Ground Handling and TugMaster by JAR design. Resolved all sound issues as well as several others not related to the 733. Those two plugins just seem to cause so many headaches. A shame really because TugMaster is so useful but so inconsistent in my experience. One flight everything works fine, the next the truck is doing whatever it feels like.

Yes, I noticed the same thing and removed them both as well as X-life, which caused the PMDG dc-6 not to load correctly.

Rob

Same issue here, I never did resolve the issue unfortunately. Carlos is correct in my case, often a full reboot seems to fix it, but only momentarily. It's a pity, as the sounds of the engines roaring are one of the best parts of takeoff. I haven't installed the last two updates, so it's possible they now fixed it.

I found a fix a user on another four wrote this and it worked I cant say ground handling will be missed

"Your sound card hardware has slot limits if they are taken by other software the ixeg bird will have no resources to play with.

Remove any JAR plugin for the purposed of testing i am quite sure you will experience full sounds. Those JAR plugins experience issues to a lot of aircraft besides theirs.

These 2 below are the major ofenders and cuase lot of headache to lot of people other aircraft. Off course your sound hardware capabilities plays a role here!

-Ground handling

-Tug Master"

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks David

It could very well be. I did have SoundMaxx installed, but disabled that and that fixed the problem in the very first version, but it still just goes after a little. So often the first run of the IXEG will work, and then after that I will just hear the air conditioning. I don't have any other plugins that I know of that use sound. That being said, it seems to make sense that it is a resource problem, sometimes I will have Internet radio or music on.

Thanks David

It could very well be. I did have SoundMaxx installed, but disabled that and that fixed the problem in the very first version, but it still just goes after a little. So often the first run of the IXEG will work, and then after that I will just hear the air conditioning. I don't have any other plugins that I know of that use sound. That being said, it seems to make sense that it is a resource problem, sometimes I will have Internet radio or music on.

You don't have the Jar A330 installed do you? If so it comes with the plugin that messed up my sound.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.