Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Excited about World Traffic 2.2, possibly a game changer.

I you have been following this topic over at the .org, you know that the 2.2 release of Word Traffic is imminent (imminent in X-Plane time, so weeks, maybe months), and it's the first real AI plug-in for X-Plane. Real as in complete. The feature list is fantastic, and it looks as if very soon, all our airports will be busy and buzzin' with loads of  (automatically generated) realistic traffic. How's that for a change?

I had almost made peace with the X-Plane AI traffic now that 10.50 made them fly better, however it's no secret that more than 4-6 of them WILL bring down your CPU (I have done extensive tests with the freely available XPFW plane models) and the constant babble on the ATC is also unnerving (albeit realistic). What's the biggest shortcoming however is that it's always the same 4-6 planes you see, as Laminar as of now has not included "profiles" or a region-sensitive loading of AI planes (I'm not a fan of changing your settings every time you load a flight).

So, if Word Traffic 2.2 delivers, in my opinion it's another (after the Airport Gateway, SkyMaxx w/RWC and 10.50) huge leap for X-Plane, and at the end of 2015, many more people will consider migrating to the platform, finally generating the momentum X-Plane needs to flourish.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

So will the new version completely automatically generate AI routes?   I was interested in the current version, but was put off when I read that AI routes had to be created manually.  Thanks.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

So will the new version completely automatically generate AI routes?   I was interested in the current version, but was put off when I read that AI routes had to be created manually.  Thanks.

Yes. It will create realistic routes with the correct airplanes and liveries. Where available, real world routes will be implemented. The algorithm for autogen routes seems to be very sophisticated already though (example: KLAX will have British 777's going to Heathrow). 

I have been on the fence with WT ever since it was released because I have no interest in creating routes. That is why WT 2.2 might have such a great impact - it will generate the routes and provide all airplanes (that are much easier on frames compared to X-Plane's own traffic due to a simplified flight model) and liveries. 

-

I suspect this will be incompatible with X-live, right?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Bill,

I think we will get auto generated traffic in the air with 2.2(starting and landing) but auto generated ground routes in a later version.

Kind regards

Tom

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

I suspect this will be incompatible with X-live, right?

Kind regards, Michael

Well, these are somewhat competing products (traffic add-ons), so I guess yes.

Hi Bill,

I think we will get auto generated traffic in the air with 2.2(starting and landing) but auto generated ground routes in a later version.

Kind regards

Tom

Automated ground routes will only be necessary for airports that don't have ground routes.

-

Well, these are somewhat competing products (traffic add-ons), so I guess yes.

Automated ground routes will only be necessary for airports that don't have ground routes.

Thank you frontenrob for correcting my wrong answer. :hi:  If it's true, than version 2.2 would be a great improvement over 2.0. Looking forward to test it.

Kind regards

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

If X-Plane gets an AI program that is plug and play like My Traffic is for FSX\P3D, then yes it will be a game changer. Up until this point, either World Traffic or X-Life required hand made ground routes from almost all of the airports in X-Plane. I own both programs so I'm looking forward to what's in store.

NAX669.png

Digging a little deeper, I found out that you can have "Ultimate Traffic for FSX" (washes mouth with soap) type of traffic already (with the available and stable WT 2.1) using the Bluebell library (2000+ free airplanes incl. all liveries) and this route generator:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/88889-flighttable-for-world-traffic/

Depending on the dialed in parameters, you can have it generate all real world routes for ICAO codes ("KLAX"), all airports along your route ("KLAX-KLAS"), entire regions ("California") or countries ("United States").

Here goes the weekend.

-

Depending on the dialed in parameters, you can have it generate all real world routes for ICAO codes ("KLAX"), all airports along your route ("KLAX-KLAS"), entire regions ("California") or countries ("United States").

Here goes the weekend.

I've used the route generator. It actually works pretty well. I think the thing that is most difficult for AI in X-Plane is the gate assignments and the ground routes. From what I can see, it's pretty labor intensive to create ground routes for individual airports. This is a limitation of X-Plane and not World traffic.

NAX669.png

Does WT 2.2 work with XPX on a Mac? Since it is a plugin to XP I assume it works regardless of the OS?

Thanks, Bruce.

Looking forward to 2.2 as well! With the available tools to quite quick flightplans found on X-Plane's forum, I find this plug-in a must-have! As often as I like to fly, I also love to spend the other half of my time spectating or should I see, plane spotting. Now with the new X-Plane 10.50 beta, it is looking even better than before with new autogen for cities, downtown areas and tall buildings! Looks amazing!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

and at the end of 2015, many more people will consider migrating to the platform, finally generating the momentum X-Plane needs to flourish.

I like X-plane but I really don't understand posts/comments like this...

Why do people that like/defend one platform feel everyone should "migrate" over to their "side"..?

Specially in this day and age, don't see any reason whatsoever why we cannot enjoy all platforms co-existing in our computers...

• Upvote 1

The more people we will get to use x-plane, the more payware developers will invest in our platform. It is very hard to go back to fsx after flying with x-plane 10 with HDR on and extended terrain rendering. Now if we get this great traffic plugin and better atc, I don't think I need to install fsx on my new rig anymore.

• Upvote 3

I like X-plane but I really don't understand posts/comments like this...

Why do people that like/defend one platform feel everyone should "migrate" over to their "side"..?

Specially in this day and age, don't see any reason whatsoever why we cannot enjoy all platforms co-existing in our computers...

Ive being in fsx for 5 6 years. Looked at steam ver, looked at p3d,, started messing with xp10.4 which has being on my pc for months. Have 5 payware planes, spend more time in the cockpit than outside Nd enjoying it more even thiugh it still needs to improve on cities and towns wordwide. Figured out how to edit aiports and everyone I download has atc routes added b4 I fly. Atc much better at getting you lined up with runway though it still very limited.jus enjoying ap so much more even with the icky interface. Cat wait fo 10,5 than 11 with all its additions.
  • Upvote 1