Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Excited about World Traffic 2.2, possibly a game changer.

I like X-plane but I really don't understand posts/comments like this...

Why do people that like/defend one platform feel everyone should "migrate" over to their "side"..?

Specially in this day and age, don't see any reason whatsoever why we cannot enjoy all platforms co-existing in our computers...

The more people migrate, the more money is in the pot for developers.

• Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

The more people migrate, the more money is in the pot for developers.

And the less money is in the pot for dsx/p3d developers....

• Upvote 1

Yeah that is a good thing, let them die already. Seriously, there's enough Payware for those that are locked in in yesterdays simulator. World moves on. On means X-Plane.

• Upvote 5

-

LOL, very entertaining but I can't believe what I just read through. This thread alone is a testament of what a crappy, outdated piece of software P3D is, seriously

Yeah that is a good thing, let them die already. Seriously, there's enough Payware for those that are locked in in yesterdays simulator. World moves on. On means X-Plane

Your an angry little Troll aren't ya   :smile:

• Upvote 3

Does WT 2.2 work with XPX on a Mac? Since it is a plugin to XP I assume it works regardless of the OS?

yep, it does

----

Guys, please let's not turn this topic into another flamewar (<sarcasm>We all know X-Plane is far superior :Tounge: </sarcasm>)

Either way, I believe X-Plane is in a good place right now and although there aren't a huge amount of commercial developers, we have some seriously good freeware developers (MisterX, AlpilotX come to mind). World Traffic originally put me off because it required me to create my own routes, so if an update can do this automatically, then I think it's more than worth the asking price

• Upvote 5

Yeah that is a good thing, let them die already. Seriously, there's enough Payware for those that are locked in in yesterdays simulator. World moves on. On means X-Plane.

Yes, fixing one important bug per relase... But hey, it will be 2030 soon, right...? :Tounge:

Please keep this topic about world traffic. This isn't a flame war, if you want to start one then head over to the hangar chat forum and see how quickly it turns into a school yard fight and closed by a mod, these things never end well and us X-Planers are greatly out-numbered :-)

yep, it does

Thanks,  much appreciated....

I'm a happy troll. No hard feelings.

-

Useless without autogenerated ground traffic. Implement real world routes, liveries and that's great. But unless this can autogenerate ground traffic (taxiways, parking etc.) then it really doesn't do much different than the original. Right now X-Life is the best option with a centralized growing list of airports.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I have xplane but it lacks immersion, which FSX, despite its many flaws, has in spades.

Andso I watch this with much interest.

spacer.png

I've always been a FSX/P3D guy, laughed at X Plane, but....with XP 11 coming with its new lighting, new UI, and other improvements such as better ATC and traffic I just may give it a serious look

I have xplane but it lacks immersion, which FSX, despite its many flaws, has in spades.

I've owned just about every version of every simulator ever made and honestly, none of them are impressive out of the box. They all rely on third party developers to make them immersive. The problem with X-Plane is that the 3PD's have been slow coming on board. That's changing now. The weather engine still needs work and if someone can come up with a plug and play AI traffic program, that will help a lot. There are finally some options with ATC. I use P3Dv3 and X-Plane 10 and enjoy them both.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

I've used FSX, P3D, XPX, DCS... I quit FSX about 2 years ago, then moved on to P3D, I still use it but not as much. I am using X-Plane mostly now.

One thing I love about X-Plane that upgrading, or installing stuff is amazingly easy. I really hate the update system for 3rd party add-ons and updates of the actual flight sim software in FSX/P3D. It's horrible and a PITA. 

With X-Plane installing/removing custom scenery is a simple process of just moving the folder to the proper place and that's it. The same goes for plug-ins or just about anything else. It doesn't mess with any pesky Windows registry settings or anything. I can simply make an entire backup of my root X-Plane folder, and put it on another computer and fire up the sim and just start flying with all my add-ons and plugins intact without having to do anything.

I'm about to give up on P3D as well. I really hate the FSX/P3D eco-system when it comes to managing, installing and updating files. I'm glad they are making advancements and optimizations to squeeze as much out of the aging flight sim, but how much can they do? X-Plane is going to be the future of flight simming for me.

• Upvote 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU