Sign in to follow this  
ffantasy67

Startled by (ASN) hail storm sound

Hi gents,

Just want to share what I experienced yesterday during a flight from LSZH to LIRP in a PMDG 737. Approx at FL200, ASN was throwing at me an heavy thunderstorm with lot of rain that I didn't want to avoid because of its negligible extension on the wx radar (my bad). Normally I can't hear the sound of rain hitting the windshiels because of the engines and ventilation background noise, but yesterday, suddenly I noticed out of my windshield a different kind of rain (PrecipitFX), thicker and with sort of a "tunnel effect" in it. Loudspeakers volume was quite high and all of a sudden they produced a loud crackling sound like hail hitting the windshield of your car...but way louder. I realized I was passing through an hail storm: I must admit, absolutely realistic (and startling) IMO. I know that ASN mimics hail audio effect, but guys!

I'm an ASN loyal user since FSX years, but it never happened to me running into an hail storm.

I landed safely at Pisa, even if nasty FSPassengers triggered a speedbrakes failure at touchdown (maybe beacuse of the hail storm? No clue).

Amazing uneventful flight (lot of FSP well-deserved pilot points).

Has anybody experienced this with ASN?

Happy flying.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Interesting scenario. Not experienced this myself, but would love to. 

Has anybody experienced this with ASN?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Definitely Mike, this sound  :good:

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Not hail related but ASN related. I had my first ever windshear alert on short final in EDDF a few weeks back, middle of the night German time, was coming from Dubai in a 777. Was tired and looking forward to landing, getting to the gate and shutting the computer down to get my butt to bed. Storm on the radar looked to be about a mile off the eastern end of the field. Then the bloody wind shear alert went off..... :mad:  Great! Power on, climb and missed app. 20 min later finally able to land. It kept me up another 30 min. 

Eric 

Not hail related but ASN related.

Me too nasty weather, suddenly windshear out of the blue. (I should have tunned FS)

CJ2 on short final to KHQM 6, blew me out starboard side.

That day I knew ASN was a keeper, cant fly without it.

I experience it all the time. Part of the benefits of being and arm chair pilot is to not really care and keep watching Netflix when we are to close for comfort to a Thunderstorm.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Maybe ASN should recommend a Health Warning ...

Not to be used if suffering from dodgy tickers or heavily pregnant women