Hey!

A long time since I had a glance at a carenado plane. I have seen a vid on youtube. I was flashed by the look of it, very beautiful!

I was short before buying, but I already have carenado planes, so I looked into the forums.

This is the sad part... it seems there is a problem with navigraph data (updateable navdata is mandatory for me) and fps ^^

Another thing, when I get it right, the altitude number above the alt tape on the pfd is not functional?? I dont expect pmdg systems, but come on. If this is really an bug without first week patch I think I dont will look for carenado a long time again... but this is sad, there is so much potential.

This two issues might be not much, but after this I dont want to dig deeper.

Is it really this way?

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

There's one song of Metallica. Its called "Sad but true".

• Upvote 1

Artem Titov

RusJet VA captain

2014_12_13_08_40_06_6038.gif?6652

Unfortunately that's how carenado goes. Great modelling and an incredible amount of bugs/lack of functionality systems-wise.

I simply don't buy anything from them anymore. Sad but true indeed.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Frames on this are actually better (I find) than most other Carenado aircraft, especially the Phenoms. The NavData is navigraph compatible and you can update it with a specific installer from Navigraph with each new cycle. And as for the altitude number above the tape, I have no idea what you mean. Mine works fine? ALTS and VS/FLC works, (albeit FLC is slightly buggy)

I haven't had a problem with the AP, or flying of the airplane, but have been unable to get Navigraph to load. I've tried all the dll.xml editing to no avail, and frankly this stuff is over my head knowledge wise, I've spent days trying to solve this problem, and have resorted to using the stock FSX GPS for loading and flying flight plans. Is there anyway to just disable the Navigraph and have the stock FSX database show up on the Proline 21 PFD and MFD?

Hi - Just  a thought here:

If you have the F1 GTN750, you can get "The Mod Squad's" mods for this plane, and it works great now, much better than the "vanilla" Carenado release!  (I highly recommend the GTN750 anyway, as it's a great all-purpose tool and can be installed in any aircraft).  Mods can be downloaded from the "SHOWTIME...." thread in this forum below.

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have the GTN750, it is an awesome tool by the way!

But paying 40 dollars only for modding the aircraft myself to an useful state is not what I want.

• Upvote 2

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I have the F1 GTN-750. For whatever reason, it just freezes after awhile on my system. Doesn't hinder FPS or cause a CTD, it just freezes. Also, I find the product somewhat over produced for my simming needs. I think I'm going to rip a FMC out of a Friendly Panels Lear 45, for my CJ2. It's a simple FMC that will handle most of my needs, and hopefully drive the CJ2 autopilot. On further research, I'm not sure it's worth further effort to get the Carenavigraph running. Not much there that's appealing to me.

There's a freeware RNAV fix database that updates, and goes in add-on scenery. Really simple. RNAV fixes are the key to everything, as far as updated databases. If you can read enroute charts, DP's, STAR's, approach plates, and have access to real world ATC routings, you can enter this stuff manually through the FSX planner. So much for all these complicated attempts at recreating real world avionics, that the user has to debug in order to get them working. 

I have the F1 GTN-750. For whatever reason, it just freezes after awhile on my system. Doesn't hinder FPS or cause a CTD, it just freezes.

Have you posted your problem in the GTN support forum?

Bert

Have you posted your problem in the GTN support forum?

To be honest, my system is underpowered for the specs listed by F1 for the GTN. I thought I'd give it a shot and see if it would work. It didn't. 

Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. I finally got my Navigraph working.   :dance:

Hey!

A long time since I had a glance at a carenado plane. I have seen a vid on youtube. I was flashed by the look of it, very beautiful!

I was short before buying, but I already have carenado planes, so I looked into the forums.

This is the sad part... it seems there is a problem with navigraph data (updateable navdata is mandatory for me) and fps ^^

Another thing, when I get it right, the altitude number above the alt tape on the pfd is not functional?? I dont expect pmdg systems, but come on. If this is really an bug without first week patch I think I dont will look for carenado a long time again... but this is sad, there is so much potential.

This two issues might be not much, but after this I dont want to dig deeper.

Is it really this way?

Kind regards,

Back to the OP. There's a learning curve with the AP and FMC. They work differently than most other FSX avionics packages. This is inline with real world CJ's, where much of the knobology was carried over from legacy Citations, when the Proline 21 was introduced. The main difference being the lack of AP controls on the glareshield with digital inputs, that are found on most other modern bizjets and transport category aircraft.

I believe this is the best representation of a 525 series Citation produced for FSX so far. If you like the airplane enough, you will take the time to learn the avionics. Sit on the ramp and play around with the buttons. All the stuff works. Anything that doesn't, is likely pilot error. 

Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. I finally got my Navigraph working.   :dance:

Hey eelb, would you care to share with a brother how you did that? I'm running this plane on windows 10 and I cannot even get the navigraph to update which leaves the aircraft un-flyable.

Rob Comfort