Sign in to follow this  
interpreter

FS9 will only part load in Windows 10

I have switched to Windows 10 but FS9 will only part load.  When I click on the icon I get a message to ask if I want the following programme to make changes to my computer and the file in question is FS9.exe. If I say "yes" the splash screen appears and after a while the screen goes black with an enlarged waiting circle. This is followed shortly by an enlarged white cursor arrow. The screen is effectively frozen but on using Ctrl-Alt-Del I get a very brief flash of the Create Flight/Select Flight screen but in very large font and then back to the cursor arrow. If I say "no" the screen goes black and an icon appears on the bottom task bar but on clicking it I am told FS9 is already running. I have the FS9 update file and am using the non-4 disk route.  Can anybody help? A chat with Microsoft said that they do not support FS9 anymore and I can do what I like with it. But what?  I have deleted the FS9.cfg file several times before starting and confirm that each time it creates a new one.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry interpreter, I don't use Windows 10 and wouldn't recommend it for FS use. You might have more luck posting this in the Windows 10 forum here I hope.

Sorry interpreter, I don't use Windows 10 and wouldn't recommend it for FS use. You might have more luck posting this in the Windows 10 forum here I hope.

Totally agree with the above. There is a similar problem to yours on the other FS site (if that's not you over there) and no solution has yet been found.

When I installed Win 10 for a trial FS itself seemed to run fine. It can work but success may vary greatly system to system. Even if you get it running, I found several addons have problems.

Try changing graphic drivers and turn all security stuff on your system off. These are the first basic steps you can take.

Mark Daniels

I very much recommend Windows 10!!

I upgraded my Windows 7 laptop (i5, 4GB ram), with 3x versions of FS2004 & P3D on it. All I had to do was to update my graphics drivers. Everything, including ALL my add-ons work perfectly. I seems to load a bit faster as well. I have most of the sims installed in their default directories, with another FS2004 installed in the C:\ root folder just to see if it makes any difference.

I have my UAC turned right down as it is pretty much useless with it's nagging.

So, maybe run in admin mode? Try running in windows mode as well (alt-enter) - this just might be the answer!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...