Sign in to follow this  
flamer

Moving to a glass setup

Hi all,

Currently I have a very basic setup. 40inch monitor with Cessna pro yoke, trim wheel, multi panel, throttle, switch panel and radio panels sitting in front. 

I have spent a long while try to get 2d gauges in my setup and have finally got some software to do it well. I am thinking of removing everything except the yoke, trim and throttles and putting a monitor in place to display the rest of the cockpit.

Does anyone know of a cheap method to get a screen to do this, I need it to be widescreen, touchscreen and 1920x1080 ideally I would say around 12-16 inch in size. 

obviously a tablet would seem a great/cheap solution, but I have tried some software to use an android as a monitor but it did not work well. Also it seems smaller monitors are twice the price of bigger monitors!

Any advice? thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does anyone know of a cheap method to get a screen to do this, I need it to be widescreen, touchscreen and 1920x1080 ideally I would say around 12-16 inch in size. 

I'm not sure what your question is, as you say you have software already. If not, look at Air Manager from Sim Innovations. That will do what you need. You can look at my latest couple of Twin Otter videos to see it in action.

Yep airmanager is what I'm using. The bit I am struggling with is finding a suitable monitor its a dam shame they don't have an android app as I really need touchscreen since I will remove my hardware panels.