Sign in to follow this  
funkcanna

Trim Question

Hi all, I have the Carenado C208EX and I love it but I have some questions:

When I set the trim to say, 500fpm descent, the aircraft doesn't stay at this rate.  I am used to it deviating slightly up or down but in the 208 it goes anywhere down to -1500 and up to +1000 all from a -500 trim.  Same for level flight.  

Now, is this normal and caused by my weather engine (active sky next) or am I doing something wrong with this particular aircraft?  Im mainly used to flying C172 and PA-28's and I don't get this issue.

Also in the C208, when using the throttle to control pitch when trimmed, the response seems VERY slow.  For example I lower throttle to 75% to kill some climb but it takes around 5 seconds for anything to happen.  Again, not sure if this is realistic for the 208 or not?

Thanks for any insight! 

The lag when changing the power setting is a normal characteristic of a turbine engine - particularly the PT6. As for trim, have you tried it on a still wind day? If you're using a weather engine I wouldn't be surprised if it's turbulence that's disturbing the aircraft.