Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimDimm

Autogen Tree Shadows - Strange rendering behavior.

am running 2 980GTX, SLI using 361.43

When you reverted back after using PTA, did you delete the shaders?  My settings are in the video also (I did see yours) and both autogen trees cast/receive were checked.

I installed the latest 368.69 drivers last night (used DDU 6.0.0.4 for a clean uninstall), deleted my shaders ... they seem as good as 361.43 (maybe even a little better).  Perhaps that's the difference?

If you can save your flight file using default Bonanza A-36 and provide a download link, I'll try that out without Terrain Shadows.

Cheers, Rob.

I did use the PTA to darken the autogen shadows for the shaders and it is more pronounced now.

Darkening the shadows does make it more apparent, and you have to fly towards the sun, which for the most part Rob did not do. I didn't see it to start with, but its there, and it has nothing to do with tweaks or your system, its just the way it is.

Hi Rob -

Yes, I manually deleted the shader files before retesting with the default shaders. I'll clean install the 368.69 drivers tonight and save a flight for you to download. Thanks.

Darkening the shadows does make it more apparent, and you have to fly towards the sun, which for the most part Rob did not do. I didn't see it to start with, but its there, and it has nothing to do with tweaks or your system, its just the way it is.

Since you can reproduce it as well,  did you use the Orbx HD trees or default? Does that make a difference?

Since you can reproduce it as well, did you use the Orbx HD trees or default? Does that make a difference?

Orbx HD. Maybe defualt trees hide it to some degree, with the horizontal plane texture. But I think the main factor is the extra darkening of PTA that brings the shadows out.

It certainly something I will tollerate, as you only really see it when scaping the tops of the trees.

Hi,

just to confirm - i see exactly the same effect.

Situation tested: Bonanza-300ft-170kts-straight and level-sun from the left side- 30fps locked-stable-v=0.2%

GTX970-368.69-4*SGSSAA-4*MSAA(p3d)-1920*1080

P3D v3.3.5-actual - no tweaks/mods - no texture adons

Ticking off the "receive shadows" for vegetation eliminates this effect - of course - but doing this, the vegetation doesn't receive shadows from the clouds too.... and those cloud shadows on the ground are an effect i dont want to miss any more.

Would be a really nice gift to see a solution for "receive shadows" enabled for vegetation....

Cheers

If you can save your flight file using default Bonanza A-36 and provide a download link, I'll try that out without Terrain Shadows.

Good Morning Rob - 

here are the test flight files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2D1Nes8ShkLWGNBejVaSV9GY3M/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2D1Nes8ShkLZ21BcFI4VV9TVjA/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

I did a clean install of the new 368.69 driver and still see them same shadow rendering issue on the autogen trees.