Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

I'll just leave these here...

Maneuvering Speed (Va)                                                                 184 KIAS
Maximum Flap Extension / Extended Speed (Vfe) - Approach         202 KIAS
Maximum Flap Extension / Extended Speed (Vfe) - Down               158 KIAS
Maximum Landing Gear Operating Speed (Vlo) - Extension           184 KIAS
Maximum Landing Gear Operating Speed (Vlo) - Retraction          166 KIAS

If you're having gear horn silencing difficulties, it's probably because you've reduced below 50% TRQ and are @ or below 2500' AGL. Just knowing you can go flaps down starting at 202 KIAS should help silence that stupid horn.

Also the stupid horn silence is modeled...  the clickspot is basically impossible to find unless you have track ir.  It's on the left side of the left power lever just like the real one.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Actually real KA 350 gear warning horn depends on Turbine engine values, flaps position and aircraft position.

If either Turbine engine (N1) value is below ~ 84-85 % with flaps up or in approach position, horn sounds and can be canceled. If besides flaps are in full down position, horn sounds and cannot be canceled.

Horn is disabled for ground operations different than operating test switches.

BTW, it is usual for real KA pilots to descend with gear warning activated, -handle red light ON and horn canceled-.

I suspect GW is not properly simulated in Carenado's version.

Tom

Here is the easiest way to turn the annoying landing gear warning horn off. I just found it today according to the comment from ryanbatcund.
Just click the button on that Throttle, it should highlight as "Button Gear Horn Disable (on/off)".
This horn hurt my ear or even shock me, well finally I can turn it off !!
Gear-Horn-Disable_zpsod7gutc2.jpg