Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Kenai Peninsula Tour

Kenai Peninsula Tour 

The plan starts at Kenai Municipal Airport and finishes at Anchorage Merrill Field. The route heads south then east, flying around the perimeter and then across the Kenai Peninsula. The flight continues across the Turnagain Arm and over the mountains of Chugach State Park to Palmer before turning southwest for the final run into Anchorage. Poor visibility, low ceilings, high terrain, short runways, and tricky approaches are typical of Alaskan flying conditions so be prepared for the worst. There are a quite a few short runways which will require your best short field technique .

Skyvector Plan is here (for Roman's Map folding needs)

Ninichilk 2400

Sedovia 1845

Port Graham 1975

Lawing 2355

Quartz Creek 2200

Hope 2060

Girdwood 2095

The route is relatively long (354nm) so a relatively quick aircraft capable of short field operations is preferred. I will fly the Flight1 King AIr 200 which is fast enough but will be a challenge to get into and out of the short fields. A better choice would be the Realair Turbine Duke but as always your are free to fly what you like.

Kenai.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight is here.

Recommended scenery:

Orbx Southern Alaska

Orbx Kenai Municipal

Orbx Homer

Date and time: Saturday 9 July 2016, 1800 UTC

(NOTE: New UTC start time during Daylight Savings Time Period) http://time.is/UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron, Set server time to  19:25 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

"Relatively quick" means exactly what? >200 knts?  I think the Kodiak would be suitable for this, but it can't make 200 knts.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Still a Spartan but with a different paint.. Someone needs to drown out the "bee" sound of turboprops LOL!

For repaint only - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=206&id=2257

Note - change atc_id to  - "atc_id =238369" for radar coverage.

Otherwise the paint is included in a new proxy on the spreadsheet.

08Jul16_113413_N60.56603W151.24672.jpg?d

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hey! Git dat erplain offen mah heliocopter payed.

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Roman,  For some reason I don't see any tires on your new Spartan.  Plus I do get error messages about the gauge being old.

Stew

Stew & Others,

The original troublesome wheel textures were DXT3w/ alpha except the engine in which I believe Ron said was transparent & was 8 bit no alpha. (Shows up fine for me)

Made them all 32 bit w/ alpha. Now the engine is transparent for me.

Made them all 32 bit w/alpha DDS, shows up good for me.

Also missed a call on a suspect gauge, removed all examples of a non XML gauge type.  (fpda_gear_wind &  mr-bright)

If wanted delete the whole proxy spartan folder from your aircraft inventory, redownload the new version. The wheels and engine textures are not provided in the NC12RS or uc71nm texture folders. From there, pick your poison, from the "alternate textures" folder and paste them into the 2 texture folders mentioned. I suggest DDS.

Cya l8r

A quick note on Roman's Proxy for the Spartan Executive UC-71NM. If you are having trouble getting the UC-71 aircraft to show up in FSX, you might check the aircraft.cfg file.

If it says

model = vc
panel = vc

then you might change those lines to

model =
panel =

(The "=vc" terminology seems an artifact from an older version of the Spartan that had a non-VC and a VC model and panel.)  If you are not having a problem, then ignore this message.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hi, Mike.  Yeah, I discovered this as well.  But I still don't get any tires on either Spartan, no matter which alternate textures I use.  I see the engine, but no tires.  No biggie, I guess.  I'll be back in about 45 mins to see if anybody as any ideas, otherwise I can live with it.

Stew

Looks good, and nice to see that all the waypoints show up on my GTN 750  :smile:

Bert

Nine signed up so far on the MP spreadsheet, it's going to be a good turnout again.  Who's volunteering for ATC duty?  :P 

!0 including Josh, who never signs up on the spreadsheet. From some of the traffic patterns that were in evidence, anyone on ATC duty would have killed themselves.

Damned good evening. Nice one Jeff.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Truly excellent design. Lots of challenges nestled in the spectacular scenery. Kudos!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Jeff & Ron, didn't want to leave the TS session like that (muted) but when one's niece comes to visit and comes over to tell you her adventures of the day well... It trumps all.

Jeff, Thanks for the flight! Really enjoyed that one.. & Ron, looking forward to Norway.

Y'all have an excellent finish to your weekend!