Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Good carenado for casual flying in X-Plane 10?

Hi all, I currently have been using the Carenado 182 Skylane with the g1000 for my GA flying and its been a joy, however I would like to try another plane.. I was looking for something similar but better. Is the CT206 any good? Can someone make some recommendations?

I really wish the makers of the Realair Lancair Legacy would be available for X-Plane 10, that was one of my favorites. Especially when paired up with the GTN 750. Amazing!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi all, I currently have been using the Carenado 182 Skylane with the g1000 for my GA flying and its been a joy, however I would like to try another plane.. I was looking for something similar but better. Is the CT206 any good? Can someone make some recommendations?

I really wish the makers of the Realair Lancair Legacy would be available for X-Plane 10, that was one of my favorites. Especially when paired up with the GTN 750. Amazing!

Aaron, I am using the Carenado Cessna 210 with Simcoder's REP....a very good combination which brings systems and realism to the aircraft

• Upvote 1

Thanks I will check that out but what is Simcoder REP?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks I will check that out but what is Simcoder REP?

SIMCODERs is a company that created the very good "HeadShake" free plug in as well as a few others.

They released a "Reality Expansion Pack"...it adds new sounds, systems, and a whole lot of features to the aircraft. Think of it as adding an enhanced "A2A Accusim" pack for it:

http://www.simcoders.com/reality-expansion-pack/overview

• Upvote 1

REP is an amazing addon.  I highly recommend it! 

Rob

• Upvote 1

Aaron, I am using the Carenado Cessna 210 with Simcoder's REP....a very good combination which brings systems and realism to the aircraft

This!

The REP modules are fantastic and I believe they *may* be bringing a REP of the Carenado Baron 58 next.

I fly the 210 and also the Bonanza F33 (both REP'ed) regularily, and I can highly recommend both. The 210 is nice for longer cross-country IFR flights, because of it's two GNS430 units and nice high altitude capabilities. I tend to use the F33 more for VFR flying.