Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

Do you log flight hours?

No

Nope!  I've been a flight simmer for something like 35 years and it would depress me to destruction if I really knew how many thousands of hours I've spent [wasted?] sitting in front of a screen pretending to be what I'm not!!

Dijvid

Yes.

4934.2 hours since 1998.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

It is depressing to see how much time we spend lol. I recently looked at my hours just on VATSIM and its over 14k.

Richie Walsh

LOL 1900hrs ish since March this year (When I finally moved to FSX!) 

Since I started in 1999 maybe 20k plus. Easily

Rashid Yacine

1900hrs ish since March this year

Errm - given that there's only been 3000 hours since March 1st this year, I find that figure slightly hard to believe. How many of those are actually at the controls (whether the autopilot's in or not)?

I have kept handwritten logs on and off over the years and I wish I'd been more meticulous in the past - I quite enjoy looking back at my old log entries, remembering the flights, and totting up the different types of experience (and especially now with shared cockpit etc I have a note of who I've flown with, where, when and for what purpose).

My VATSIM logs show a shade over 2000hrs (and when I started keeping a proper paper log again just over a year ago I used that figure as a base to carry over) but I world imagine the real total is probably more like 4500-5000 over nearly 20 years.

Nope!  I've been a flight simmer for something like 35 years and it would depress me to destruction if I really knew how many thousands of hours I've spent [wasted?] sitting in front of a screen pretending to be what I'm not!!

Dijvid

This is probably the most honest and accurate comment that covers 99.84543 percent of we folk.  I give you the coveted MOST HONEST POSER award with great humility.

Hmmm...ok.,..I've done 407 hours in the last 19 months. That's gate to gate time not actual flight time.
I haven't been flight simming all that long. I had a two year stint with FS2004 in 2005-06, didn't log hours back then. Learned about aviation and flight simming, went on a downloading frenzy of all things FS except airports, even did the FS licenses successfully. Then real life took over and FS was dropped till the last 19 months. In this current FS stint I continued learning and mainly downloaded airports. Vast majority of the 407 hours has been on 2 world tours exploring downloaded airports. If I was to incorporate downloading, searching, forums, general messing around with FS files and learning time, it would blow the flight hours out of the water!

No regrets though, it's been fun!

For flight logging, airport/weather information right into the cockpit and as an Airport Chart substitute I use Flight Keeper, couldn't live without it! 

Mark Daniels

Yes, I log my hours using a real world pilot logbook website. For several years, I also logged all the installing/config/tweaking time. I have since stopped this.