Sign in to follow this  
radial360

GTX1080, stutters and how I seem to have solved them!

Good morning everyone,

just a quick heads up... last week, I was experiencing some really good performance with my new 4K setup,  but every few seconds I was getting some stutters or long frames.

It seems like 2 things might have sorted the issue:

1) Updating the Nvidia Drivers of my 1080GTX to the latest ones from July 6th (368.69).

2) In NVI, I set for p3d PreRenderedFrames=1

I don't know if it is a combination of both things, or just one of them, but I have noticed a dramatical increase in my smoothness and performance.

Running a 6700K OC @4.9, P3d on SSD, 1080GTX, 4K Monitor with GSYNC Active, No AM, HT OFF. Solid 60FPS all maxed out on PMDG737 out of LFMN from JustSim, AS ON, usual FTX Vector and Global with REX.

Hope it helps you guys.

Giorgio La Pira

Thanks!

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I'll bet it was the new driver. I recently went to 368.22 with my GTX980/4k setup and noticed a significant improvement in smoothness.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I'll bet it was the new driver. I recently went to 368.22 with my GTX980/4k setup and noticed a significant improvement in smoothness.

So did you downgrade to those drivers or are those the most current ones?

Hi Angelo!

As we have a very similar set up... are you running HT or AM at all in your system? Gio

Giorgio La Pira

HT Off, AM in my cfg I believe is NOT present, if it is its the simple 14 code if I am not mistaken. I will take a look when I get home for sure. What is you CPU Voltage set to? Manual mode and what v?

Hi Angelo!

As we have a very similar set up... are you running HT or AM at all in your system? Gio

As do I -  and I am running into a few issues on my end after getting an RMA replacement 980. Would you mind PMing me a copy of your CFG and NIP (if applicable)? 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

They were the last ones i upgraded to.. about a month ago or so. They work well so I've felt little need to upgrading again. I assumed that whatever NVidia did in that version is still part of the most 368.69 set and why the OP is enjoying improvements in smoothness as well. I suppose it's possible that they've done even more to benefit P3D since 368.22. Only Radial360 can tell us what version he upgraded FROM to enjoy his current level of smoothness.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

My 1080 is in the mail ;) Going from a GTX970.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Good morning everyone,

just a quick heads up... last week, I was experiencing some really good performance with my new 4K setup,  but every few seconds I was getting some stutters or long frames.

It seems like 2 things might have sorted the issue:

1) Updating the Nvidia Drivers of my 1080GTX to the latest ones from July 6th (368.69).

2) In NVI, I set for p3d PreRenderedFrames=1

I don't know if it is a combination of both things, or just one of them, but I have noticed a dramatical increase in my smoothness and performance.

Running a 6700K OC @4.9, P3d on SSD, 1080GTX, 4K Monitor with GSYNC Active, No AM, HT OFF. Solid 60FPS all maxed out on PMDG737 out of LFMN from JustSim, AS ON, usual FTX Vector and Global with REX.

Hope it helps you guys.

When you say maxed out, do you mean everything or just certain things? and you manage to OC your cpu to 4.9GHz, what kind of cooling, is that kind of OC difficult to achieve with the 6700k? I'm curious to know more about your system specs, could you post it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi guys,

my P3D is quite stock. Only added FFTF 0.01 and a TEXT_BAND_MULT=120.

Ht is HyperThreading and you disable it on the BIOS. AM is Affinity Mask.

My OC is on liquid cooling... only way I could achieve it was with no HT as the HT significantly increases the heat. Been running this setup since october, and works flawlessly... I upgraded the 980ti for a 1080 and wouldn't go back to be honest. My 1080 is OCed as well using AfterBurner.

Settings are as per Rob's website Very High for P3dV3.2

Gio

Giorgio La Pira

My OC is on liquid cooling... only way I could achieve it was with no HT as the HT significantly increases the heat.

Amen.  My 6700K with liquid cooling is just about maxed out at 4.7GHz with HT on.  I use an AM of 84 which seems to keep the load spread rather well.  I have a GTX980Ti and not sure the 1080 will do much for me yet, not using a 4K monitor but the Samsung 2K 31-in looks very good.  I keep my frame rate locked at 35 but unlocked I'll see frame rates in the 100s.  Not sure of the advantage to running HT off other than the cooling.... always an interesting discussion.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is it confirmed p3d v3 accepts FFTF=0.01 or does it default to some other value?