Sign in to follow this  
radial360

GTX1080, stutters and how I seem to have solved them!

no I mean does it accept 0.01? in fsx 0.1 was said to be the lowest it would go

Yes it does but does not work for everyone - doesnt work well here - I dont put that in my cfg at all - try it nothing to loose 

Rich Sennett

I upgraded the 980ti for a 1080 and wouldn't go back to be honest.

What was the performance of your 980ti on 4k? I am just in the process of getting an MSI GTX 1070 or 1080 Gaming X and the 1070 would equal the 980ti from what I read.

Regards, Perry

My 1080 is in the mail ;) Going from a GTX970.

You'll love it!!! 

If your Rockin' 3.3.5 and a 1080 Pascal card...may I suggest starting off with no tweaks and no NVI (especially 4K)! As a former tweakaholic, my paricular setup is butter compared to any iteration in the past with tweaks-a-nada! Using  Rob Ainscough's Extreme Settings...well sorta as I think I like a tad more eyecandy when it comes to clouds! ;-)368.69 drivers.

I guess it is still the same, I dont think that P3D accepts 0.01 and automatically reverts it to the next best acceptable value, which is 0.10 (as you said). But already in FSX it was like this and people continued to insist that their sim runs better with 0.01 compared to 0.10, which is probably simply placebo. In my case, any FFTF value other than the default 0.33 results in warping, which is unbearable, so I have it eliminated out of my config.

@Topic: interesting find, I have to update my drivers then. Currently I use TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT=1800 as suggested on simmershome.de for fast modern graphic cards, but this might also be placebo and I would be equally satisfied with the value "160" (that's the FSX:SE value) or "120". Will see...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Is it confirmed p3d v3 accepts FFTF=0.01 or does it default to some other value?

It accepts the entry and FFTF=0.33 is default value. If you do not see any benefit I would leave it at default however. Could well be that it works in one situation (scenery / aicraft etc.), but wil have adverse effects in others.

TEXT_BAND_MULT=120.

For me that entry caused stutters when tried the last time. Went back to default @ 4790K, 980TI.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR